Continue IEC or LMO

Old Sep 17th 2013, 1:27 am
Just Joined

LondonUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Continue IEC or LMO

Hi

I have been in Edmonton now for 4 months working with a IEC work permit as a Project Manager for a construction company. Now I am starting to think of applying for permanent residency not sure which routes to go as my employer would offer me LMO if that would help. Can I get Permanent Residency via IEC or is it easier via LMO. I'm just dreading to apply for iec again!
Old Sep 17th 2013, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Continue IEC or LMO

You can't really get PR on the IEC but your year work experience would count towards a PR application under the CEC route (guess your job is under one of the NOC A,B,0 skill levels) If you got a LMO you get a TWP and then apply either under the Federal Skilled worker or PNP or I guess you could still do the CEC, too. Many more options.

If I were you I would go and try to get the LMO, I would still apply for a second IEC as soon as it opens again. You never know your LMO application might be refused. Once you have the LMO get a work permit and start with your PR application asap. Have a look at the routes, which ones you're eligible for and which one is the fastest in the moment. If you end up not getting the LMO then at least you have a 2nd IEC and can try to gain PR under the Canadian Experience class, where you only need one year skilled work experience. Good luck!