Contacting CIC...Please Help....

Old Aug 2nd 2011, 2:23 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contacting CIC...Please Help....

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Hi,

Is there any way at all CIC can be contacted?

Whether it is in Nova Scotia or London? (Or anywhere!)

We just need to speak to someone on the phone or email....

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
You can only call CIC Nova Scotia from within Canada. If your issue is with their part of the processing and you are currently in Canada, then that might be worth a try. However, they will not be able to help you with anything that is an issue with your application once it has reached the Visa Office in London and there is no way to talk to anyone there. They will not respond to Case Specific e-mails unless your application has been there beyond the standard processing time, which for FSW is currently 16 months, so that is a long wait!
People are asking you for details of your query because as London VO system is virtually closed to applicant queries, most of the information that is useful comes from applicants who have been through the same problem and only found out after they have been through it how things work there!
If you gave details of your issue, I am almost positive that there will be someone who has been through it already and has the benefit of experience and hindsight that they can pass on to you.
Or you can continue to ask why people need the details and get no useful responses .....
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
You can only call CIC Nova Scotia from within Canada. If your issue is with their part of the processing and you are currently in Canada, then that might be worth a try. However, they will not be able to help you with anything that is an issue with your application once it has reached the Visa Office in London and there is no way to talk to anyone there. They will not respond to Case Specific e-mails unless your application has been there beyond the standard processing time, which for FSW is currently 16 months, so that is a long wait!
People are asking you for details of your query because as London VO system is virtually closed to applicant queries, most of the information that is useful comes from applicants who have been through the same problem and only found out after they have been through it how things work there!
If you gave details of your issue, I am almost positive that there will be someone who has been through it already and has the benefit of experience and hindsight that they can pass on to you.
Or you can continue to ask why people need the details and get no useful responses .....

Exactly what I thought. There will be someone out there with the same problem, but you won't get help from CIC via phone or email. It's easier getting blood from a stone
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

The reason im hesitant in explaining every single detail of my experience is due to some of the responses on expats..

There seems to be a few nosey, sad folk out there who do nothing but respond negatively to posts, not ideal when asking a straight forward question and hoping for a straight forward answer... (in a moment of despair! )

I also felt at the time of my original question there really was no further info that people needed to know... Either there was a direct, useful email / phone number that I wasnt aware of, or there wasnt ...

Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:01 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alcat2010
The reason im hesitant in explaining every single detail of my experience is due to some of the responses on expats..

There seems to be a few nosey, sad folk out there who do nothing but respond negatively to posts, not ideal when asking a straight forward question and hoping for a straight forward answer... (in a moment of despair! )

I also felt at the time of my original question there really was no further info that people needed to know... Either there was a direct, useful email / phone number that I wasnt aware of, or there wasnt ...

Thanks
I completely understand that, alcat2010. If you have read much on this forum, you will see that I have been the target of a fair bit of upsetting comment from those posters who seem to enjoy making people unhappy and trashing their hopes (For instance, knowing that my husband and I have been forced to live apart during our FSW process and reading that I was sad and looking for other partners who had been through the same thing, without any grounds whatsoever, some posters suggested that he was probably already having an affair!) but they are thankfully in the minority and it hasn't put me off asking things or trying to help others because that is in the true spirit of this forum.
The nature of forums like this is that we can only help one another by being open about things and we must be a bit thick-skinned to ignore the mean-spirited people who we know will latch onto anyone they can see is vulnerable or worried.
You will find genuine help if you give more information and you can then use Private Message to continue your discussion in more detail with truly helpful, nice people and ignore the main threads if you wish. I have found that lots of really lovely people will contact you in this way to avoid those nasty people's comments and distractions and I have made friends and shared mutual help and support this way.
As I said, you can try to find out for yourself the answer to your queries, but London does not take in-person or telephone calls and on Case specific e-mail probably will just not answer, which is rubbish, frustrating and doesn't get you the help you are seeking, or you can trust us with a little more info (it doesn't need to be your life story) and someone will have been through it and know what to do or at least be able to offer you some comfort and ease your worry.
I hope you do find that you are able to do that and have the chance to put your mind at rest about whatever your concern is. This forum, like all public forums is dependent on trust and the majority of people being good-hearted and kind, which luckily here they are. We should not let the spiteful minority spoil it for all the rest of us.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

I completely understand that, alcat2010. If you have read much on this forum, you will see that I have been the target of a fair bit of upsetting comment from those posters who seem to enjoy making people unhappy and trashing their hopes (For instance, knowing that my husband and I have been forced to live apart during our FSW process and reading that I was sad and looking for other partners who had been through the same thing, without any grounds whatsoever, some posters suggested that he was probably already having an affair!) but they are thankfully in the minority and it hasn't put me off asking things or trying to help others because that is in the true spirit of this forum.
The nature of forums like this is that we can only help one another by being open about things and we must be a bit thick-skinned to ignore the mean-spirited people who we know will latch onto anyone they can see is vulnerable or worried.
You will find genuine help if you give more information and you can then use Private Message to continue your discussion in more detail with truly helpful, nice people and ignore the main threads if you wish. I have found that lots of really lovely people will contact you in this way to avoid those nasty people's comments and distractions and I have made friends and shared mutual help and support this way.
As I said, you can try to find out for yourself the answer to your queries, but London does not take in-person or telephone calls and on Case specific e-mail probably will just not answer, which is rubbish, frustrating and doesn't get you the help you are seeking, or you can trust us with a little more info (it doesn't need to be your life story) and someone will have been through it and know what to do or at least be able to offer you some comfort and ease your worry.
I hope you do find that you are able to do that and have the chance to put your mind at rest about whatever your concern is. This forum, like all public forums is dependent on trust and the majority of people being good-hearted and kind, which luckily here they are. We should not let the spiteful minority spoil it for all the rest of us.
I love your post helcat yes there are a few sad ones out there but don't let them keep you from getting help from genuinly nice people. I think some just get a kick out of being nasty. I still don't understand why they answer a question with an insult or useless crap. If I already take my time to answer then why don't write something usefull.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 6:10 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
I love your post helcat yes there are a few sad ones out there but don't let them keep you from getting help from genuinly nice people. I think some just get a kick out of being nasty. I still don't understand why they answer a question with an insult or useless crap. If I already take my time to answer then why don't write something usefull.
Thanks, Nina.
I also wonder why some people say horrible things that upset people, but the sad fact is that they do it because anonymous forum postings allow them to be obnoxious without taking responsibility for what they have said, as they would have to do if they said it to someone's face. They are cowards with a chip on their shoulder about their own lives who take their bitterness out on strangers.
I hope the OP will be encouraged to try again. It is shame on those posters who have done these things that they have put even one person off asking honestly and freely for advice.
Don't let the b******s grind you down!!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Nina.
I also wonder why some people say horrible things that upset people, but the sad fact is that they do it because anonymous forum postings allow them to be obnoxious without taking responsibility for what they have said, as they would have to do if they said it to someone's face. They are cowards with a chip on their shoulder about their own lives who take their bitterness out on strangers.
I hope the OP will be encouraged to try again. It is shame on those posters who have done these things that they have put even one person off asking honestly and freely for advice.

Old Aug 4th 2011, 3:58 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Nina.
I'm not sure why they do it either. There is nothing to be gained by being nasty or negative
It would be much better for all if some people were less negative and more helpful, but for sure there are some around that seem to thrive on posting negative comments. Just met a bit of that in another thread I started on LMO's. All I was doing was attempting to explore the LMO route to potentially further our cause. It wasn't long before someone popped up and decided the LMO, through our own company, idea was a non starter for us and yet there is evidence that may be to the contrary elsewhere in this forum. To counter that, there was also some helpful stuff posted by others as well in a more positive light. I guess it's a case of ignoring the negativity and pushing on regardless.

I'm with Helcat on this.... don't let the miserable b*****s grind you down. There a a good few nice helpful people around here also.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

For what it's worth I had an issue with my PNP application in that the London office sent it back to me incorrectly. I went down there in person and after speaking to the receptionist someone came down to speak to me and sorted out the problem.....Mine was quite an easy fix but if you can get to London might be worth an ask???

Tim
Old Aug 5th 2011, 12:39 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by tim010
For what it's worth I had an issue with my PNP application in that the London office sent it back to me incorrectly. I went down there in person and after speaking to the receptionist someone came down to speak to me and sorted out the problem.....Mine was quite an easy fix but if you can get to London might be worth an ask???

Tim
Really? When was this?
You are the only person I have heard of who has ever been able to do that!
Good on you for that!! I hope alcat is still subscribed to this thread.
What did you say to get to talk to someone?
Old Aug 5th 2011, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

This was Dec 2009. I went down there with the application they should have accepted and spoke to the receptionist. After about 30 minutes of waiting someone came down and spoke to me for a few minutes and confirmed some details about the application. It wasn't a question and answer session but there are people there who they "can" call to assist if you are nice and polite.

Tim
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:02 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by tim010
This was Dec 2009. I went down there with the application they should have accepted and spoke to the receptionist. After about 30 minutes of waiting someone came down and spoke to me for a few minutes and confirmed some details about the application. It wasn't a question and answer session but there are people there who they "can" call to assist if you are nice and polite.

Tim
Maybe things have changed since then or maybe you got lucky. Good for you anyway! I am amazed that they sent someone down to see you! You deserve a medal

Last edited by helcat12; Aug 5th 2011 at 1:02 am. Reason: correction typo
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by james.mc
I'm not sure why they do it either. There is nothing to be gained by being nasty or negative
It would be much better for all if some people were less negative and more helpful, but for sure there are some around that seem to thrive on posting negative comments. Just met a bit of that in another thread I started on LMO's. All I was doing was attempting to explore the LMO route to potentially further our cause. It wasn't long before someone popped up and decided the LMO, through our own company, idea was a non starter for us and yet there is evidence that may be to the contrary elsewhere in this forum. To counter that, there was also some helpful stuff posted by others as well in a more positive light. I guess it's a case of ignoring the negativity and pushing on regardless.

I'm with Helcat on this.... don't let the miserable b*****s grind you down. There a a good few nice helpful people around here also.
I don't mind the negative comments so much. I'd rather have some more experienced people saying leave it it's probably a dead end or will be very hard rather than just being nice and putting my hopes up.
But I can't stand the nasty ones. Like helcat said, telling her, her husband prob has already an affair in Canada etc. That is not helping, nobody asked for that opinion and it is a disgrace to make an already lonely and her husband missing person even more sad. Shame on those