Confused about unencumbered funds

Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Trishy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused about unencumbered funds

Hi,
I know there are other discussions about this and this is probably a daft question but I would like some advise before I pay for my medical.
I have been asked to send a personal worth statement. I don't have savings to cover the funds required but I do have plenty of equity in my house, even after paying all bills. It will be sold before I go (I hope with this housing market) so I will have cash when I go. Are they expecting me to remortgage now to free the cash? (I'm still tied in for a few months & it will cost) or is the money in the house acceptable. I already sent valuations with my 90 day letter back in December. I don't want to ruin my application at this stage, its taken 4 years.

Also is it normal for the medicals to be sent straight to London without me seeing them? or is that just the doctor I rang.

Thanks for any advise.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:42 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about unencumbered funds

Originally Posted by Trishy
Hi,
I know there are other discussions about this and this is probably a daft question but I would like some advise before I pay for my medical.
I have been asked to send a personal worth statement. I don't have savings to cover the funds required but I do have plenty of equity in my house, even after paying all bills. It will be sold before I go (I hope with this housing market) so I will have cash when I go. Are they expecting me to remortgage now to free the cash? (I'm still tied in for a few months & it will cost) or is the money in the house acceptable. I already sent valuations with my 90 day letter back in December. I don't want to ruin my application at this stage, its taken 4 years.

Also is it normal for the medicals to be sent straight to London without me seeing them? or is that just the doctor I rang.

Thanks for any advise.
I assume this is for a federal application and not a PNP application? If so you CHC London will (apparently) normally accept equity in a home as proof of funds - so a house valuation (preferably several valuations so as to avoid it being disputed) along with a Mortage Statement showing what's owing and therefore what equity exists. Other visa offices seem to be more stringent and expect the funds to be in a more liquid form.

Yes, you dont normally get to see your medicals but the doctor owes you an ethical duty to tell you if there is anything to be concerned about.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:21 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by NSpaul
I assume this is for a federal application and not a PNP application? If so you CHC London will (apparently) normally accept equity in a home as proof of funds - so a house valuation (preferably several valuations so as to avoid it being disputed) along with a Mortage Statement showing what's owing and therefore what equity exists. Other visa offices seem to be more stringent and expect the funds to be in a more liquid form.

Yes, you dont normally get to see your medicals but the doctor owes you an ethical duty to tell you if there is anything to be concerned about.
London will accept house valuation for the initial application, but before they will release the COPR they will want to see unencumbered funds. If the OP is going for medicals, s/he will have to show the funds IMHO not home equity.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:40 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

London will accept house valuation for the initial application, but before they will release the COPR they will want to see unencumbered funds. If the OP is going for medicals, s/he will have to show the funds IMHO not home equity.
We used equity all through the process right up to getting our visas and COPR, but I understand that you must be able to show funds in liquid form when landing.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Trishy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NSpaul

Thanks for replies.
I have applied as a skilled worker. I looked on CHC London and couldn't find out if they are still accepting house equity as proof of funds, so I sent an e.mail asking, I will post if I get a reply. Otherwise I think I will just have to carry on with the application and have fingers crossed.