confused about everything!

Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

hotgirl197826 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy confused about everything!

Hi i recently came over to canada from scotland and i am looking for to move here permanently. Currently i have been offered a job and the company has sent an application to the LMO. Does anyone know how long this takes?? And i am unsure what to do after they have confirmation back. Reading the information on the web just confuses me and makes me panic!! I would appreciate anyone's help as im really unsure about what to do next and if i should stay here or just go back home.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future
Default Re: confused about everything!

Originally Posted by hotgirl197826
Hi i recently came over to canada from scotland and i am looking for to move here permanently. Currently i have been offered a job and the company has sent an application to the LMO. Does anyone know how long this takes?? And i am unsure what to do after they have confirmation back. Reading the information on the web just confuses me and makes me panic!! I would appreciate anyone's help as im really unsure about what to do next and if i should stay here or just go back home.
hi hot girl. if you contact emigrate expert on web ( paul wickford ) they can sort your forms out and give you any advice you need ,, its cost us £280
and worth every penny.. good luck & where are you going in canada
chris...........
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

hi chris thanks for the reply. Unfortunately i dont have that kind of money right now as im in canada right now and not working. I moved to barrie ontario.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:23 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen somewhere on the forum that it's typically taking two to three months for LMOs to come through. Once you have the LMO in hand, you could drive to the Canada-USA border, turn around, come back, and apply for a temporary work permit at the port of entry.

See the following BE Wiki articles:
Hope that helps.
x
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi Judy, thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is some way that is possible that you can perhaps get the form back from the LMO quicker or some way that i can start working sooner? I dont have any cash coming in right now and my friends and boyfriends are supporting me which can only last for so long. Any info you have is much appreciated.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way of expediting the LMO application, it just has to go through the process and wait its turn! So be prepared to wait the timescale Judy has given you. You cannot work in that time either I'm afraid.

As long as your job offer is good and meets LMO criteria (i.e. job has been advertised across Canada for 3 months and been unable to find Canadian citizen to do it) then you will hopefully be able to start work soon. You've been offered a job which is often the hard bit so well done for that!!

Best of luck.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 3:58 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Judy, thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is some way that is possible that you can perhaps get the form back from the LMO quicker or some way that i can start working sooner? I dont have any cash coming in right now and my friends and boyfriends are supporting me which can only last for so long. Any info you have is much appreciated.
Did you originally enter Canada as a tourist? If so there's nothing you can do but wait for your LMO. How confident are you that it'll be granted?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way of expediting the LMO application, it just has to go through the process and wait its turn! So be prepared to wait the timescale Judy has given you. You cannot work in that time either I'm afraid.

As long as your job offer is good and meets LMO criteria (i.e. job has been advertised across Canada for 3 months and been unable to find Canadian citizen to do it) then you will hopefully be able to start work soon. You've been offered a job which is often the hard bit so well done for that!!

Best of luck.
Thanks for your help!!!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rob_999, I did enter Canada as a tourist. I am quite confident that i will be granded permission from the LMO as the job that i am going to be doing has been advertised for a long time and the company could not find a suitable candidate due to the hours of work. I guess all i can do is sit and wait and keep my fingers and toes crossed for luck!!