Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Wikiposts

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Re: A concerned client of Andrew Miller

So what you all are saying, if I am reading correctly, is that the guy was a fraud and that he was pocketing a lot of money from people he should have been helping ?

I remember making a comment regarding doing it myself - as I seen it as form filling and Andrew Miller rebuked the comments. I was going to react to his comments but decided to move on.

However, I am doing it myself with the help of all you guys, and in turn I am willing to help others. So we are like a community who help each other. I do recognise that some people with less than straight forward applications, or those who have the money and maybe don't have the time need to employ Consultants. I did not have that type of money to spend on such luxury when it could be spent more wisely in other areas.

I hope that the Authority catches up with such people, and that IF FOUND GUILTY get their just rewards and people are compensated.

JET
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:31 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JET747
So what you all are saying, if I am reading correctly, is that the guy was a fraud and that he was pocketing a lot of money from people he should have been helping ?

I remember making a comment regarding doing it myself - as I seen it as form filling and Andrew Miller rebuked the comments. I was going to react to his comments but decided to move on.

However, I am doing it myself with the help of all you guys, and in turn I am willing to help others. So we are like a community who help each other. I do recognise that some people with less than straight forward applications, or those who have the money and maybe don't have the time need to employ Consultants. I did not have that type of money to spend on such luxury when it could be spent more wisely in other areas.

I hope that the Authority catches up with such people, and that IF FOUND GUILTY get their just rewards and people are compensated.

JET
The reality is the consultants don't necessarily save you much time. They are there to cast an expert eye over your documentation and ensure it is complete and displayed in the best light.

A freind of mine in Toronto had his company employ a very expensive firm for a work permit. I said to him that he must of been relieved they took care of everything. But he told me he did all the leg work for the application they just made sure he collected each document possible, wrote the national job description and then wrote the cover letter for the application. That was it probably a days work and yet the fee was close to $6000. I jokingly remarked that I would of done it for him for half that.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Agree about Afolks being the same person, even his spellings are the same if you read them, I am so shocked that anyone could get away with it for so long, like so many other people on here i believed he was genuine and would have used him ourselves had we needed to
It's not just the spellings, it's the whole grammar of how his posts are too. It's either Miller or another Polak that works with him. The thing is, I think most people who come looking for advice like this are genuine people, and he knows this - so as people have been blindly trusting Miller due to his pro-bono reputation being sound, they continue to do so no matter what he says!

What i don't understand is how could he have been registered during all that time and yet he was not actually doing the job ? was it a few people or was it many more possibly all over the world,
It's down to the simple fact of how long immigration can actually take, you trust the guy because he's said he's going to do what he's told you, and every excuse he comes up with is plausible. If he's ill, you want to believe it... if he's in China for 2 weeks you want to believe that too. It's the true art of becoming an established confidence trickster - becoming so plausible and believable, people trust you with their lives!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cserpent
<snip> Baring in mind Andrew Paul Miller is not his birth name and he had to change that by deed poll, then setup IP based (Skype style virtual) telephone numbers around the world to arrive wherever he is based does not bode well either.
Why are you so obsessed with the fact that he changed his name? I too changed my name legally but that has nothing to do with anything other than I was unhappy with my birth name. My husband's father changed his name by deed poll also, but that was because his surname, being Russian, was difficult to pronounce properly and he got tired of spelling it constantly. Changing your name does not necessarily mean anything sinister.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

In this case Dorothy, I have no doubt for the sincerity of why you did so. From what I've learned Miller did it to try and sound like an experienced and honest birth Canadian to Anglicised parents.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:15 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

In this case Dorothy, I have no doubt for the sincerity of why you did so. From what I've learned Miller did it to try and sound like an experienced and honest birth Canadian to Anglicised parents.
My f-i-l did it to sound like a birth Canadian, too. Does that make it wrong to change a name?
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Did your father-in-law do it with the intent to deceive others of thousands of dollars though? That's the difference.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by James Martindale
The reality is the consultants don't necessarily save you much time. They are there to cast an expert eye over your documentation and ensure it is complete and displayed in the best light.

A freind of mine in Toronto had his company employ a very expensive firm for a work permit. I said to him that he must of been relieved they took care of everything. But he told me he did all the leg work for the application they just made sure he collected each document possible, wrote the national job description and then wrote the cover letter for the application. That was it probably a days work and yet the fee was close to $6000. I jokingly remarked that I would of done it for him for half that.
I haven't had anything to do with Andrew, as I hope my case is pretty simple, but having read a few of his posts on this forum I wouldn't even want him writing a job description and covering letter for me. I know this is the internet and people often adopt a different style, but I think his grammar is quite poor and his posts are quite difficult to read.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:20 am
Just Joined

InnMaine is a jewel in the roughInnMaine is a jewel in the roughInnMaine is a jewel in the roughInnMaine is a jewel in the roughInnMaine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
I haven't had anything to do with Andrew, as I hope my case is pretty simple, but having read a few of his posts on this forum I wouldn't even want him writing a job description and covering letter for me. I know this is the internet and people often adopt a different style, but I think his grammar is quite poor and his posts are quite difficult to read.
Factually, his advice was always spot on. Small grammatical errors and matter of fact tone didn't immediately throw up any red lights for me. (I wish they had done!) He was, after all a CSIC authorized representative, and had an excellent reputation. I could find nothing negative about him to suggest the extent of his failings...hindsight is a wonderful thing......
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by InnMaine
Factually, his advice was always spot on. Small grammatical errors and matter of fact tone didn't immediately throw up any red lights for me. (I wish they had done!) He was, after all a CSIC authorized representative, and had an excellent reputation. I could find nothing negative about him to suggest the extent of his failings...hindsight is a wonderful thing......
Oh, absolutely. I wasn't commenting on his advice at all. To be honest, I haven't got any place posting on this thread at all, but it is a Sunday afternoon and the dogs are quiet for a few minutes. I was just responding to the earlier comment that the only value a particular consultant added was to draft a letter and a description. If that's the case I would want someone with top notch drafting skills.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:09 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I'm shocked.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:18 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Saw that but its 2004
Hindsight is one thing, but 5 year old information could be seen as advanced warning for caution! Perhaps some research can save future grief.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Hindsight is one thing, but 5 year old information could be seen as advanced warning for caution! Perhaps some research can save future grief.
Problem there Aviator is that there was someone out there just trying to disprove Miller as being what we know now. The issue at hand then was the way Karen Gordon or whoever it was went about trying to do it, it went down the lines of her calling herself Miller and trying to flame others, which just made her look a fool and Miller a victim of circumstance.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:29 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Problem there Aviator is that there was someone out there just trying to disprove Miller as being what we know now. The issue at hand then was the way Karen Gordon or whoever it was went about trying to do it, it went down the lines of her calling herself Miller and trying to flame others, which just made her look a fool and Miller a victim of circumstance.
Without wading through this long thread, what has been 'proved' here ?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Basically that Miller is nothing less than a confidence trickster who has set out with every intent to deceive those who pay him good money to file applications and otherwise.

I will of course hear Miller's side of the story, but he has an AWFUL lot of explaining to do, as well as paying a lot of money back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.