Company transfer

Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Confusedmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Company transfer

Hi,

My husband is talking to his work about getting a transfer to the Canadian offices of the business he works in, it is a very large company that works for the defence industry.
I have been reading everything I can find and my head is spinning and I'm more confused now than ever.

If the company can transfer him do we need to show proof of funds?

Also once we are there (if we can get there) are we able to make it a permanent move as we don't want to come back to England.
Plus we have 4 children under 7 so its not going to be an easy or small move.
I've wanted this for 15 years (I lived there for 2years when I was 13) and if I get there I am not coming back!

Thankyou
Old Aug 25th 2015, 10:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Company transfer

Hi, and welcome to BE.

To get a company transfer TWP, your husband will need to come under one of the three eligible categories - Intra-Company Transfer-Canada : British Expat Wiki

The advantage of that is that no LMIA is needed, although do note that it means he may not qualify for PR once there working as he wouldn't get the extra 600 points for arranged employment under Express Entry. So I would check that carefully before you go and make sure that he can either score enough points without arranged employment, or get a PNP nomination - ideally he'll want a commitment to that in writing from his company before you move.

You won't need to show proof of funds for moving on a TWP, although it's worth noting unless the company are going to pay for lots of the moving and set up costs as part of a relocation package, that it'll usually cost you more than the amount CIC require anyway! But you'll need to show it once you apply for PR (if he's eligible - see above).

I hope that helps a bit, best of luck with it all.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 10:50 am
Just Joined

BiscuitGeneral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Company transfer

Originally Posted by Confusedmum
Hi,

My husband is talking to his work about getting a transfer to the Canadian offices of the business he works in, it is a very large company that works for the defence industry.
I have been reading everything I can find and my head is spinning and I'm more confused now than ever.

If the company can transfer him do we need to show proof of funds?

Also once we are there (if we can get there) are we able to make it a permanent move as we don't want to come back to England.
Plus we have 4 children under 7 so its not going to be an easy or small move.
I've wanted this for 15 years (I lived there for 2years when I was 13) and if I get there I am not coming back!

Thankyou
Hello Confused Mum,

I didn't want to read and run, so here's some info for what it's worth...

International Mobility Program: Canadian interests – Significant benefit – Intra-company transferees – General requirements [R205(a)] (exemption code C12)

I am on the same boat, i am asking my organisation for a transfer (early stages). I have an IEC but i want to make the move permanent.

From my research (earlier this year) and if memory serves me correct your husband has to fall in one of the 3 categories Executive, senior managerial, or specialized knowledge. Initially your husband will likely be given 1 year and may be able to extend for longer:
If executive or senior managerial for upto 7 years max.
If specialized knowledge for upto 5 years max
Your husband work permit will be tied to the organisation he is working(transferred). If he wants to jump ship once on Canada his new employer must obtain a LMIA for him.

Once your husband acquires canadian experience you have more options including CEC for your EE application.

I may have read somewhere (i cannot be 100%) that the principle applicant must show 11,000 CAD.

Good luck and will keep an eye on your thread as it's very interesting to me.