ECA Required for Experience PNP?

Old Aug 24th 2015, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

expor83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECA Required for Experience PNP?

Hi,
I'm currently going through getting papers in order for an Experience Entry PNP within Nova Scotia, one of the items is an ECA for educational certificates. I never went to university but instead self taught and learned through other jobs my skills (programming / web development etc).

I'm unsure if the education certificates are a requirement for Experience PNP application, as the job itself does not have education requirements. I've been working in Canada now for just over a year (and working for the same company around 3 years prior to that in the UK) I got my current 2 year work permit based on an intra-company transfer.

I did GCSE's (which would be from around the age of 15-16) then A levels (from around the ages of 17-18) the certificates from any of those I'd need to re-request from the school if they're still able to provide them, but don't want to go to that effort if they're not specifically needed for what I'm applying through. Especially as I've never used any GCSE or A Level results for any job I've had since leaving school.

The reason I ask is because http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...assessment.asp states it is only needed if I'm going through FSWP or need points
Any thoughts on this would be really appreciated.

Last edited by expor83; Aug 24th 2015 at 10:03 am.
Old Aug 24th 2015, 6:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECA Required for Experience PNP?

According to the guide on NSOI https://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp...15-English.pdf theh ECA is a requirement for them to process your application.

Have completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary educational credential OR a completed foreign educational credential from a recognized institution or authority AND an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report issued by an organization designated by CIC if your educational credential was obtained outside of Canada;

Edited to say, ICAS & CES will assess GCSE's etc. http://www.icascanada.ca/fsw/requiredgeneral.aspx#u http://learn.utoronto.ca/internation...united-kingdom
Attached Thumbnails ECA Required for Experience PNP?-nsoi.jpg  

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 24th 2015 at 6:31 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

expor83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ECA Required for Experience PNP?

I found that after I posted, yeah was kind of hoping there might be some exemptions, I thought I was at a point of sending off PNP application today, but looks like it's going to be at least a month or so away.

I've spoken to my mum back in the UK and she was able to find both my GCSE and A-Level certificates, however my A-level results are low, and I think possibly even unclassified from some of the courses. Am I best to just submit GCSE and ignore A-level in this case? any thoughts?