Community Identified Program

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Bonobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Community Identified Program

Hello Everyone

We have finally made that decision and we are making a recce to NS on 15th May until 29th May.

Can anyone give me any advice on the above program, I've been reading many posts of people who have done it but could anyone give us the pro's and con's ?

How difficult is it as we don't actually have any long term contacts, but we do propose to buy or start a business ?

We can't go down the Entrepreneur Program as it isn't coming into operation until at least the end of the summer.

My children are 8 and 4 years so time is of the essence for them and also for me as now we've made the decision, why mess about in England anymore ?

Thanks for reading and look forward to any advice from experience.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:15 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Community Identified Program

One of basic requirements to be eligible for this program are a well documented, long established connections in the specific community which provided the Letter of Identification supporting NSNP application.

NSNP is lately getting quite strict with enforcing their eligibility requirements by requiring several (5 to 10 or so) letters of support from people who know you for a while in the community, thus if you don't have any well established since long ago connections in the community you want to settle then don't bother. Unless you want to spend there a year or so first as visitor, without any ability to work (even in your own business) to create and nourish those connections first. Same counts for the requirement to be employable in particular community - it means to have skills, training and work experience for future employment in a field or sector required by that community.

Many in the past got through this program quite easy, but since feds clamped somehow on certain PNP's that went off course NSNP (and not only) is trying to go by the book lately.

And yes, you are correct about economic stream - NSNP is not accepting applications until they design new program that will be acceptable by feds and will not directly compete with federal investor program.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Apr 22nd 2008 at 2:26 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Community Identified Program

Hi

We'll also be over between 6 - 20 May and we're also looking at the CI program. Depending on what area you're interested in I recommend you call one of the Rods. We're interested in Drury so we spoke to Marcotte at Colchester RDA and she's been really helpful. In fact she's even given us information that I've never found on this forum! And that's saying something!

If you're interested in the Drury area then I highly recommend that you call her and arrange a meeting with her on your visit. She'll put you straight on what you need to do, put you in touch with possible employers, schools etc.

We've arranged to meet her at the begining of our stay in Truro and she's offered to arrange appointments at the local schools and possible employers.

Good luck
Lynpy

P.S. forgot to say that if you are normally self employed then depending on what your profession is you may be able to get a TWP - or so I've been told.

Last edited by lynpy; Apr 22nd 2008 at 6:40 am.