Community Identified

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:55 pm
getting ready to apply!

snowdemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Community Identified

Hello, this is my first post here but I have read alot of the information on here and it's great. I am trying to enter Canada using the community identified route but reading the form they seem to want at least a basic qualification. I left school early and never took my exams so therefore only have my work experience (20+years). Its not that I couldn't do the exams its just I didn't take them. Does anyone know if this is a major stumbling block? Thank you in advance for any information you may have.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:06 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Community Identified

Hi

Welcome to BE

The guide for this stream I believe states a minimum of one year post secondary education and received a diploma, certificate or degree.

I think this is applied when they consider your application, although each case is assessed on its own merits, so I'm not sure if they will have flexibility in your situation.

Are you in contact with an RDA yet in respect of the CI stream? If so they may be able to offer you some advice with regards to this, or alternatively the NS immigration office have been really helpful on the phone when I have called them.

Good luck
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:37 pm
getting ready to apply!

snowdemon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nikki, thank you for your post. I phoned the RDA today and they said that they are not allowed to help or offer advice on filling out forms in any way. (bit unhelpful I thought) I have tried several times to get through to the NS Immigration department but I just get a recorded message say no one available and to leave a message, I didnt but will tomorrow if I get the same message. What did you think to the forms? Im struggling to remember all the dates for places I have lived and schools etc.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:14 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowdemon
Hi Nikki, thank you for your post. I phoned the RDA today and they said that they are not allowed to help or offer advice on filling out forms in any way. (bit unhelpful I thought) I have tried several times to get through to the NS Immigration department but I just get a recorded message say no one available and to leave a message, I didnt but will tomorrow if I get the same message. What did you think to the forms? Im struggling to remember all the dates for places I have lived and schools etc.
Hi,

Which RDA are you in contact with? I am with Colchester and they completed the form(can't remember the number) in order that they had access to info re our case if required.

The forms are detailed and do take time to go through, but I found just doing a bit at a time worked the best.

As far as dates and things I was lucky in that me and OH have only had 3 addresses since 18. I think from what other people on here have said is to try and be as accurate as you can with this information. Anything that has some gaps you need to provide som sort of written explanation to attach to the forms.

Good luck
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

have you actually got as far as letter of identification from the RDA? I assume you must have if you are forms completing?

Bit strange your RDA not offering advice though as just about all are incredibly helpful???

Which RDA is yours?

Have you tried emailing Halifax? re your PNP form completion?
keep us informed and huge luck
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

know what you mean re forms by the way husband and I have had 40 plus addreses between us and more than 20 countries