dense

Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:40 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute
Default dense

I certainly feel like this!

Hope you guys can advise me as I have almost completely given up hope of getting my passport request!

Right, I have received my passport requests, I have to send yet a further set of photographs (which will be identical to the ones I sent a few months back after my medicals) and some further information.

My understanding is that I need to land within one year of the date of the medicals.

Question One, will I need to take proof of settlement funds at this stage? ( I only intend to visit Canada briefly to comply with the requirements, until I can sell the house, arrange employment etc), I intend to return to Canada permanently in approx 24 months iafter I first land )

Within a five year period, I need to have resided in Canada for at least 730 days.

Question Two. Does this need to be continuous days, ie no breaks?

Within a six year period, I need to reside in canada for 1095 days in order to qualify for Citizenship (yippee!!)

Question Three. Does this also need to be continuous days with no breaks? ( like I said, I am dense)

My son has just started a medical degree in the UK, he is 19, and will be unable to come with us.

Question Four. As he will be unable to comply with the terms of the permanent residency, or the citizenship requirements, does that mean that he cannot join us at a later date?

Please accept my apologies for re-asking questions for which I am sure, the answers have already been given to other posters, and thank you for your patience for a simpleton!

Soooo.............., what's the weather like there? lol!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:18 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dense

Originally Posted by Covenant
My understanding is that I need to land within one year of the date of the medicals.

Question One, will I need to take proof of settlement funds at this stage?
Yes

Within a five year period, I need to have resided in Canada for at least 730 days.

Question Two. Does this need to be continuous days, ie no breaks?
No

Within a six year period, I need to reside in canada for 1095 days in order to qualify for Citizenship (yippee!!)

Question Three. Does this also need to be continuous days with no breaks? ( like I said, I am dense)
AFAIK it is 1095 days out of four years. They do not need to be continuous.

My son has just started a medical degree in the UK, he is 19, and will be unable to come with us.

Question Four. As he will be unable to comply with the terms of the permanent residency, or the citizenship requirements, does that mean that he cannot join us at a later date?
I believe he will lose his PR status. Hopefully others more knowledgeable will be able to confirm this.

Soooo.............., what's the weather like there? lol!
It's not been a great summer, but it's sunny now and we are set for a warm and sunny weekend.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:00 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dense

Thanks Jon, much appreciated.

Wish I was there