Citizenship Tests- Agghh

Old Jan 11th 2015, 5:21 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Citizenship Tests- Agghh

Originally Posted by TomHoney
test seems quite straight forward. Do you need to memorize the national anthem or the oath as well?

I understand this information is probably available. But is there anything else i need to take other than passport, PR card, Drivers licence. health card?

Test on monday.

Thanks.
You don't have to memorize either. Do learn the book and do practice questions though.

You should take all those documents and any other document you included in your application so far.

Last edited by hpka; Jan 11th 2015 at 5:41 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have been doing lots of practice tests and feel confident on the questions.

So I will not have to recite the oath or anthem? That is a weight of my mind.

As for documents the checklist says I need everything that
I sent in with my application. Why do I need this if i sent it in? Do I need copies of my online residence calculator? and it says I need "record of landing" or "confirmation of permanent resident" will my PR card not suffice?

lastly do I need passport photos? as I needed those with the original application.

sorry for the questions I have been so focused on the test I did not plan for bringing anything other than ID, Passport and PR card.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 4:47 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

U should take the original documents with you as you most likely sent in copies. No one asked to see mine but I bet if u don't take them they will ask.

Pics already sent with original application

Passports 100% needed, and also needed for anyone else whome you have on your application. They will look thru and check for departure/arrival stamps.

PR card and the COPR that you were given when u landed. Usually stapled into the passport that u used upon arrival.

I used a file folder with all my docs in. No one asked to see any of them other than my DL and passport. Maybe they thought well he got a folder full of docs so why bother asking Lol
Old Jan 12th 2015, 12:04 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

they give you a card with the words on for the oath and the anthem.

English and French.

They switch between the two in the anthem.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your help. all went smooth today. Ceromony in march.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 2:58 am

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TomHoney
thanks for your help. all went smooth today. Ceromony in march.
Great news, glad all went well
Old Jan 13th 2015, 3:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to have to get around applying for citizenship one day, I became eligible a good while ago now. Maybe I will apply this year, but I said that last year.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 3:17 am
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am going to have to get around applying for citizenship one day, I became eligible a good while ago now. Maybe I will apply this year, but I said that last year.
They're just about to make it more difficult with new rules. I'd get on that ASAP.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 3:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Photoplex
They're just about to make it more difficult with new rules. I'd get on that ASAP.
If I had the money I would. I don't think the new rules will make it that much harder, but maybe it will, no clue what they are, been here 11 years now, you'd think that would be sufficient to satisfy the government....lol
Old Jan 13th 2015, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

They're making it more difficult? I thought they were just increasing the time you needed to be resident in Canada before you apply, from 3/4 to 4/6 I thought?
Old Jan 13th 2015, 4:03 am

Plus it will cost more $$$ I thinks
Old Jan 13th 2015, 4:50 am
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doubleym
They're making it more difficult? I thought they were just increasing the time you needed to be resident in Canada before you apply, from 3/4 to 4/6 I thought?
Requiring you to be here longer before you can apply doesn't make it easier to gain citizenship. Neither does almost doubling the fee or increasing the citizenship testing age from 54 to 64,

Last edited by Photoplex; Jan 13th 2015 at 4:53 am.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Requiring you to be here longer before you can apply doesn't make it easier to gain citizenship. Neither does almost doubling the fee or increasing the citizenship testing age from 54 to 64,
Oh I didn't know they were increasing the fee, that's a bummer.
Adding a year on to the required years of residency doesn't make it easy no, but it's not exactly making it harder...considering if you're trying to become a citizen of somewhere, you would generally not be fussed about sticking around...