citizenship question

Old Jul 20th 2001, 5:31 pm
Peter Pauper

X-No-Archive: yes

>
    >
    >

They'll give you a booklet about Canada, and then you'll have to take a test. If
you pass, at a later date, they'll have a ceremony where you receive your
citizenship card

Old Jul 20th 2001, 6:02 pm
ben_dd

Hi If there are citizenship experts on this list, your experience is needed.. I
applied for citizenship and it is taking a way too long. After inquiry I was told by
the CIC that I should expect from a judge a letter for an interview soon. Is this
processing normal ? what is the purpose of this interview ? anyone gone through this
process here ? cheers

Old Jul 20th 2001, 6:35 pm
PMM

Hi

>
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I applied for citizenship and it is taking a way too long. After inquiry I was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > told by the CIC that I should expect from a judge a letter for an interview soon.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Is this processing normal ? what is the purpose of this interview ?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

Normally the Citizenship application takes between 10 and 12 months from application
to ceremony. If CIC is stating to you that you will require an interview with a
Citizenship judge, rather than just the hearing, it would appear that there may be
something wrong with your application, for example insufficient days in Canada. But
until you attend that interview no one can possibly know.

PMM

Old Jul 20th 2001, 6:53 pm
ben_dd

Hi thanks for replying, did you go through this process of seeing a judge ? I got the
booklet already, was waiting for the test when this issue of seeing a judge came up
and I have no idea what is the purpose of that.

>
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> I applied for citizenship and it is taking a way too long. After inquiry I was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> told by the CIC that I should expect from a judge a letter for an interview soon.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Is this processing normal ? what is the purpose of this interview ?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >