Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian PR under independant or investor category????

Canadian PR under independant or investor category????

Old Jul 20th 2001, 5:42 pm
HareeshD

Hi folks,

I am a civil engineer from Pakistan, currently in USA with 7 years experience. I have
assessed my chances for PR under independant category and believe can qualify easily
since my english communication is strong alongwith other factors.

I also can invest upto US $100,000 in some Canadian business as passive investor. My
net worth would be about US $250,000. There does not seem any minimum requirements of
investment under that category. I am wondering whether it makes a strong case to
apply under investor category versus the independant category??? Whether they give
stronger preference to investor as opposed to independant category????

Old Jul 20th 2001, 7:12 pm
Andrew Miller

If you qualify under the Independent category selection criteria then just go for it,
there is no need for any investment. The fact that you may document having that kind
of cash may add some weight to your personal suitability (adaptability) factor, but
will not influence anything else.

You don't qualify as an Investor at all. Candidates in the Investor category must
document having substantial business experience, a net worth of at least Can$ 800,000
and must invest Can$ 400,000 in the government approved immigration fund for 5 years.
So, you don't fit into that category...

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
    >
    >
experience.
    >
    >