CIC - DO THEY RETURN DOCUMENTS

Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:30 am
Account Closed

trevorandjo york is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CIC - DO THEY RETURN DOCUMENTS

Sorry, this is so important, I think it deserves a new thread.

Does anyone know, if unsuccessful, do they return all your documents, if not, i will need to get everything again ready for next year...THIS IS IMPORTANT

IELTS REPORT
House valuation
Mortgage statement
copies of passports and birth/marriage certs -all certified.
photos
reference
qualifications -all certified true copies
police checks

i had forgoten how much work went into this.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:42 am
Account Closed

Default Re: CIC - DO THEY RETURN DOCUMENTS ( If unsuccessful for PR)

Someone must know for sure.....please help.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:45 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC - DO THEY RETURN DOCUMENTS

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york

Does anyone know, if unsuccessful, do they return all your documents, if not, i will need to get everything again ready for next year...THIS IS IMPORTANT

IELTS REPORT
House valuation
Mortgage statement
photos
reference
police checks

If your pack misses the NOC quota, then the full pack is returned to you. If your pack goes into quota but they decide you are not eligible, then no, these documents are not returned. Always, always keep a full copy of what you submit to them.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:39 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york

IELTS REPORT
House valuation
Mortgage statement
photos
reference
police checks

I'm pretty sure when/if you are successful you never see any of it again. We certainly never saw any returning paperwork. But then I suppose it had done its job.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:51 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I'm pretty sure when/if you are successful you never see any of it again. We certainly never saw any returning paperwork. But then I suppose it had done its job.
If you have sent any originals then you can ask them to return them and generally they will do.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

matt_t is on a distinguished road

If the application is successful, do you get the documents returned after the whole process? I spent alot of money on my notarised copies.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by matt_t
If the application is successful, do you get the documents returned after the whole process? I spent alot of money on my notarised copies.
You can request that they return them to you - generally they only return originals. You don't need to get many things notorised these days anyway.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

We sent notarized copies of certain docs, plus legal copies of birth and marriage certs and photocopies of other docs. We didn't ask or expect to get anything back, but everything was returned in a pack with the medical requests (apart from photos which they use). We were, however, in the 2007 queue, so perhaps things are different now?
Old Sep 25th 2011, 7:16 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
We just had our University transcripts and our birth and marriage certificates sent back when London VO sent the request for new Police checks (old ones were about to run out they had taken so long to process.) August 2011.

So, they seem to send things back if they are done with them and if they need to send you something by mail.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

The only documents I got back were my TEF certificates.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:34 am
Account Closed

Thanks for the info, i only need them back if we fail to get through the quota. We then need to re-apply and would then need the documents back, this would make our life much easier for the reapplication. Again thanks, hope we don't see them again.

No need to post any further, we now have the info. Cheers.

Last edited by trevorandjo york; Sep 26th 2011 at 5:35 am. Reason: addum
Old Sep 27th 2011, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
We sent notarized copies of certain docs, plus legal copies of birth and marriage certs and photocopies of other docs. We didn't ask or expect to get anything back, but everything was returned in a pack with the medical requests (apart from photos which they use). We were, however, in the 2007 queue, so perhaps things are different now?
I think they are different now. We got our visa very recently (around 2 months ago) and can confirm that no documents were returned to us at all.

Nowadays I think the only way you get any documents back is if your application is returned as incomplete or if the quota is full. Once it gets past the stage you do not see the documents again.

Since the only originals were PCCs, work references, bank statements, IELTS result and University transcripts I cannot see our needing any of those items again. The rest such as birth certificates/marriage certificates etc were notarized copies.

Wayne.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helcat12
We just had our University transcripts and our birth and marriage certificates sent back when London VO sent the request for new Police checks (old ones were about to run out they had taken so long to process.) August 2011.

So, they seem to send things back if they are done with them and if they need to send you something by mail.
So they send back original documents for applicants they have not finished processing yet, and fail to send back original documents for the ones they have?

Genius....