refused TWP but now in Canada

Old Sep 26th 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default refused TWP but now in Canada

wanted to share our story for people in the same position.
Hubby got job offer last november,by the time LMO came back and other paper work done .it was march before we applied to the High Commission for TWP. the reason H.C is because he has a charge for ( refusing to provide a specimen) from 2003. so after 11 wks we were refused.said he was inadmissable to canada and needed to apply for Crim Rehab.
Panic and severe frustration had set in by now. I know its a serious charge but there are people with worst charges that have got in to Canada at POE.
so anyway contacted a Lawyer in Canada and she then started to work on applying for a TRP.this if granted would allow entrance to Canada until Crim Rehab was issued. so after 5 weeks package was ready.had to supply character ref,statement explaining what happened and how he is not a danger in Canada etc.we also then applied for Crim Rehab to london and put a copy of this with the package.
so when package was ready,hubby got a flight to Vancouver and applied at POE.after a few questions and an hour and a half to go through package.TRP was granted and also TWP.
We have to wait for Crim Rehab to be granted before we can apply for PR. but at least he is in Canada and working.
so just wanted to give some hope to people in the same position as ourselves.
of course if we had known that this charge would have effected us we would have applied for Crim Rehab last year when we started the whole moving to Canada idea. but like so many others who start off not knowing a lot ,learn so much on the journey.
so me and our boys will be joining him real soon.
i think what is so frustrating is that there doesnt seem to be any rules as to who gets refused TWP because of inadmissable to Canada.some people have been granted TWP and others are refused in the very same position.
Now i know this TRP wont apply to all inadmissable to Canada but maybe its an option worth checking out.
Thanks for reading.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: refused TWP but now in Canada

Yeah I found it strange when I came over in 2009 how the Police Certificate requirement isn't necessary when applying at the POE (I had one with me). I'm guessing it's because any red flags show up on the computer at the border.