CIC- Client Application Status

Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:15 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC- Client Application Status

Originally Posted by Mrs.BWL
I hope the photos being returned and the meds received means we're down to the last step (the security and background checks). I'm thinking it will probably be at least another couple of months before we get the visa though as my husband is South African and any checking they need to do there may be a little slow.
Look at the flowchart on page 33 here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3900E.pdf

Would certainly seem to suggest background checks etc. have already been completed since requesting the RPRF is the last step before issuing the Visa!!!! <crosses fingers>
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs.BWL is an unknown quantity at this point

OOH, good for you! We paid ours in advance so I'm not sure where we'd be. Plus the document request was that we redo a question on the Background Information form. Which makes me think they're not done ours yet
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:05 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

OOH, good for you! We paid ours in advance so I'm not sure where we'd be. Plus the document request was that we redo a question on the Background Information form. Which makes me think they're not done ours yet
I hope so!

Sure you'll be fine! Are you in Canada now?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Yup But it's OK. We've got plenty of practise doing the long distance thing. Another few months won't kill us. It would just be nice to avoid extending his stay in the UK (costs between 390 and 590 pounds to stay another year, and of course the minute we pay for it he'll get his PPR). He's also hoping to start studying in September, so we need to know by July to finalise that. Ah, the joys of having your life held hostage by CIC.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:48 pm
Swollen Member

, and of course the minute we pay for it he'll get his PPR). .
Indeed! Murphy's Law.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

sasch017 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope the photos being returned and the meds received means we're down to the last step (the security and background checks). I'm thinking it will probably be at least another couple of months before we get the visa though as my husband is South African and any checking they need to do there may be a little slow.
Hi all... is there anyone going the Family Class route? I keep getting varied answers regarding timeframes... Thanks!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

We are. Sponsoring my husband. Have you checked Trackitt?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasch017
Hi all... is there anyone going the Family Class route? I keep getting varied answers regarding timeframes... Thanks!
We are too. My wife is sponsoring me. We have lived in the UK for 11 years, now want to give Canada a shot. Sent my forms off on December 1st, delivered to Mississauga on December 8th. Found out yesterday that sponsorship has been approved and London began processing my PR application on Jan 14th.

I think spousal family class sponsorship and PR typically takes between 3 and 7 months - that's just based on what I have read on this forum.

abaddon