CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Nov 10th 2015, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Received application on April 13, 2015.
Sent correspondence acknowledging receipt of application on May 11, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 26, 2015.

This is for my OH. Presumably the Hamilton office but not sure yet. Hopefully see more activity soon.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

WeeGem is an unknown quantity at this point

We received your application on June 10, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 11, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 24, 2015.

I got mine in just before the regulations changed.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 10:43 am
Just Joined

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 11, 2015.
Notice to appear for test March 22, 2016
Old Mar 25th 2016, 2:23 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WeeGem
Did you get to the test ok
Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Passed test March 30.

Just need to wait for a ceremony!

WeeGem
Old May 1st 2016, 3:24 pm
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks - any more recent applications for Citizenship timelines?
I can apply after 14 June 2016 - the CIC website is saying 12months or less for processing. Of course our PR would run out within that 12month period, so of course they will get more money from us for renewals of PR!
Would welcome news of how speedy other applications are going?
Thanks!
Old May 1st 2016, 7:32 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
I can apply after 14 June 2016 - the CIC website is saying 12months or less for processing. Of course our PR would run out within that 12month period, so of course they will get more money from us for renewals of PR!
Thanks!
No renewal of your PR card is necessary unless you are planning a trip away - the PR card is only proof of your Permanent Residency status.

Old May 1st 2016, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

allegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really nice

Thanks!

Application arr. Sydney 21 March 2016
In process on 5 April 2016
Test is for May 9 2016
Mail from CIC not received and learned of test from CIC website 'check application'. Waiting for news from CIC having written to them. I do not have to sit test but understand I have to attend to present documents.

I have posted these details elsewhere on this site, with the helpful answers, so apologies to you all who see this twice. There seem to be three sites dealing with citizenship applications. T
Old May 2nd 2016, 12:41 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh - thanks Siouxie, that is great! thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No renewal of your PR card is necessary unless you are planning a trip away - the PR card is only proof of your Permanent Residency status.

Old May 2nd 2016, 12:42 am
Eager Beaver!

Wow - that's fast - thank you for the info and reply Allegra

Originally Posted by allegra
Application arr. Sydney 21 March 2016
In process on 5 April 2016
Test is for May 9 2016
Mail from CIC not received and learned of test from CIC website 'check application'. Waiting for news from CIC having written to them. I do not have to sit test but understand I have to attend to present documents.

I have posted these details elsewhere on this site, with the helpful answers, so apologies to you all who see this twice. There seem to be three sites dealing with citizenship applications. T
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh - thanks Siouxie, that is great! thanks for the info
You are very welcome!

In case you need to show it, here's the official CIC link: Determine your eligibility – Citizenship

If you want to start studying for the test, you can download (or see it online) the official book http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...over/index.asp

Last edited by Siouxie; May 2nd 2016 at 1:13 am.
Old May 2nd 2016, 1:37 am
Eager Beaver!

Thanks so much - you rock!
Old May 5th 2016, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

allegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really niceallegra is just really nice

A little update on my personal citizenship saga.

Got through to CIC where it was explained that they had incorrectly addressed the mail concerning my appointment for May 9 in Scarborough so that is why I didn't get it. I guessed that that was the problem. The appointment is maintained. I shall have to explain what happened when I arrive there. CIC said they would send me a list of documents to provide. Got the email promptly but there was no list in text nor in the attachment. I did understand though that I have to provide again the documents I sent with application. Makes sense.
Old May 6th 2016, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

We found the appointment at Scarborough for documentation very quick. I took a whole pile of documentation that I'd kept together since our application - I think they say they need to verify the originals - but I only remember her looking through my husbands passport and checking some dates, as he'd been out of the country a few times, presumably regarding the residence days. It probably took 5 minutes for both of us! People arrive there well before the appointed time and gather in the lobby - then they separate those going off for the test to one room, and the oldies are invited to sit in a corridor and wait to be summoned to speak to the officer. Let us know how it goes 😀
Old May 6th 2016, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
We found the appointment at Scarborough for documentation very quick. I took a whole pile of documentation that I'd kept together since our application - I think they say they need to verify the originals - but I only remember her looking through my husbands passport and checking some dates, as he'd been out of the country a few times, presumably regarding the residence days. It probably took 5 minutes for both of us! People arrive there well before the appointed time and gather in the lobby - then they separate those going off for the test to one room, and the oldies are invited to sit in a corridor and wait to be summoned to speak to the officer. Let us know how it goes 😀
Think I can handle that and thank you for info. Have to apologise to CIC for blackening their name. List of documents was included in email. It was just the same document checklist used in application. I was under the impression that there was a different set that was being sent to me. I always think 'complicated' when in fact it is 'straightforward'. So all set to go on Monday. I am looking forward to it now I am organised. One step more, providing I am accepted, on the road to Canadian citizenship. All the best of luck to you here going through similar processes at this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.