Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

childrens citizenship certificates

childrens citizenship certificates

Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

amyj81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: childrens citizenship certificates

Thanks Boops
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Sorry one more question, cant seem to find a lot of answers on the cic site.
With the childrens citizen applications, we need to send proof of my huband's canadian citizenship, will a photocopy of his Canadian passport be enough?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Boops is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that would be fine as long as you get the copy certified (as per the application form) or if he has a citizenship card that would be fine too. I am planning to get stuff certified over the weekend and in the post Tuesday so we could compare notes to how long it takes. I had trouble getting the correct photos taken (might just be the town I'm in!) but was told by the lady at the consul not to worry about the white signature strip at the bottom because they are too young to sign. Hope that helps.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:11 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by amyj81
Hi
Sorry one more question, cant seem to find a lot of answers on the cic site.
With the childrens citizen applications, we need to send proof of my huband's canadian citizenship, will a photocopy of his Canadian passport be enough?
1. You know that the passport office will issue a limited valid passport to the children if they are under 2 without a proof of citizenship?
2. If they are over 2 but under 18 CIC/CHC will issue a facilitation visa for travel to Canada if they don't have the proof

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob154.asp
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. That's really helpful especially if we don't get our proof of citizenship and passports for our children in time before we need to be in Canada.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: childrens citizenship certificates

Yes, that is very helpful, thanks PMM.
Going to get the photots tomorrow, hopefully, if I can find someone nearby that can do it. Hoping to get all forms in the post by monday so I will keep you updated Boops. When are you planning on moving? Where to?
Thanks again
Old Aug 27th 2010, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

For a child's application, you can use British passport-size photos. My kids all have the same photo on their citizenship card as they do in their British passports. We took them to Snappy Snaps when they were a couple of months old and they did a great job. They also do Canadian-sized passport photos when you need them.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Allie73
For a child's application, you can use British passport-size photos. My kids all have the same photo on their citizenship card as they do in their British passports. We took them to Snappy Snaps when they were a couple of months old and they did a great job. They also do Canadian-sized passport photos when you need them.
That's what we did too.....and they signed the back as required......Just take in the measurements from the application.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Hi Allie73 - husband's visa is valid until March 1st, so need to sort out sale of house, job situation etc before then. Planning to move to BC as my family live in the Lower Mainland though we don't fancy Abbotsford so might try the island or Chilliwack as we can't really afford nearer Vancouver. How about you?
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boops
Hi Allie73 - husband's visa is valid until March 1st, so need to sort out sale of house, job situation etc before then. Planning to move to BC as my family live in the Lower Mainland though we don't fancy Abbotsford so might try the island or Chilliwack as we can't really afford nearer Vancouver. How about you?
My husband's application hasn't been approved yet, hopefully soon. We're moving to suburban Toronto where my family is. Lots and lots of family! I'm so excited for my 3 little ones to grow up with their cousins. They don't have any here.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Can anyone that has applied for childrens proof of citizenship please tell me what documents they sent. It asks for Two pieces of personal identification, such as a driver’s licence and a health insurance card. They dont have either of these as they are only aged 4 and 1. Did you just send their birth certificates?
Thanks
Old Sep 1st 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amyj81
Hi
Can anyone that has applied for childrens proof of citizenship please tell me what documents they sent. It asks for Two pieces of personal identification, such as a driver’s licence and a health insurance card. They dont have either of these as they are only aged 4 and 1. Did you just send their birth certificates?
Thanks
I phoned them about this before sending off our application for our daughters. they said that no extra ID was required, as it was obvious they would not have driving licence etc if under 18. we just sent birth certificates.

ours was sent off last November, and we received the documents back in March 2010 with a letter stating that the "application has been forwarded to the registrar of Canadian Citizenship for processing".

The letter states that applications can take from 12 - 15 months to process in Canada.

Fortunately we are not looking at going to Canada till this time next year.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: childrens citizenship certificates

Thanks for that Caleo
I haven't been able to speak to anyone directly on the phone so I've had a lot of queries.

I just have to pay the fee now. Did you do this by bank draft in canadian dollars? It seems as though I should pay $75 for each child but when I went to the bank today, the bank clerk told me that she was also a dual citizen and didnt think there was a fee for proof of citizenship certificates.

Confused again so I said I'd find out for sure tonight and go back tomorrow!

Where in Canada are you planning on moving to?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

We paid $150 for the two children- we paid it online and then just sent a copy of the receipt with the application.

It is difficult trying to fill in all the correct paperwork for everything, isn't it? I am just getting myself psyched up to start with our sponsorship paperwork - I am sure I will have loads of questions then as well!

We are looking at Ontario - probably in the london area. Where abouts in ontario are you looking at?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, thats what I thought, although I didnt realise you could pay online from outside of Canada, I'll do that instead!
We're moving from Scotland to St Catharines. I've been on a weekend trip to London, Ontario once for my husband's lacrosse team. A few years ago but I remember I thought it was a great city!

I also have to finish the sposorship forms, so daunting. Have to get up to the attic to look out all our old photos!
At least the childrens applications will now be out of the way!
Good luck with everything and thanks again! xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.