Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Child support from absent father in Canada

Child support from absent father in Canada

Old Jun 13th 2001, 1:14 pm
George

I am married to a Canadian citizen. Myself and two children (from my first marriage)
now have landing VISA's. What arrangements can be made to ensure that I continue to
receive child support payments from the absent father in the UK, once we leave the
UK. Do the UK and Canadian Federal or provincial court systems have any reciprocal
agreements? Thanks.
--
Georgeina

Old Jun 14th 2001, 1:06 pm
Kay Carbe

Forget it............... he's off the hook as far as child support goes!!!

I'm British living in Canada with my 2nd husband. My 1st husband (the father of my 2
sons) is in the UK getting off scot free!!

If you're anything like me you'll enjoy your new life and forget he ever existed. My
kids dad could never be bothered with them when he lived 8 miles away......... 2500
miles and the "pond" make the hassle less and less. 3 emails in a year have proved
his true colours.

I hope your kids step-dad is as good to your kids as mine is.........better than
their own dad ever was and could be!!

That alone is worth a million dollars.

Enjoy Canada and good luck in your new life. Your kids will thank you for this in
later years.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >