Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice
Default List of '38' occupations news flash

Hi All,

I have just recieved the information below via email from UK2NOVASCOTIA.

NEWSFLASH
CIC have just announced that a ministerial review will take place in order to amend the 'list of 38' occupations that are now eligible in order to apply under the Federal Skilled worker stream. This list will be reduced within 2-6 weeks, so if you are considering applying soon, do so now.
There is a high probability that the occupations at risk will be trades/ construction/ cooks etc. Healthcare should be OK. A change of eligibility will NOT be retrospective.

Binty
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: List of '38' occupations news flash

Originally Posted by Binty
Hi All,

I have just recieved the information below via email from UK2NOVASCOTIA.

NEWSFLASH
CIC have just announced that a ministerial review will take place in order to amend the 'list of 38' occupations that are now eligible in order to apply under the Federal Skilled worker stream. This list will be reduced within 2-6 weeks, so if you are considering applying soon, do so now.
There is a high probability that the occupations at risk will be trades/ construction/ cooks etc. Healthcare should be OK. A change of eligibility will NOT be retrospective.

Binty
They're a few days behind! See my thread below. I'll merge this in to it as we don't really need two threads about the same thing, but the info you've given will be useful to add. Although I'd disagree with their timescale of the list being reduced within 2-6 weeks - given the consultation period doesn't even end for another 4 weeks!

Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Binty
Another thread is running this info also
heres the link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659730
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

pipped to the post again...
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
They're a few days behind! See my thread below. I'll merge this in to it as we don't really need two threads about the same thing, but the info you've given will be useful to add.

ok, Thanks, that makes sense.

Binty
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joinerboy
pipped to the post again...
90wpm typist - speedy me!!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Doh! sorry guys

Binty
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Question Re: Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

With my fat finger and this little iPhone screen i've no chance
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

See what I mean just been pipped again
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:39 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the list changed?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by engineer80
Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the list changed?
It's never been changed, still the same list that was originally released in October 2008.

So this is the first change to it.

Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:45 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

It's never been changed, still the same list that was originally released in October 2008.

Wow, so pretty major since that means none of us have any idea what to expect.....thanks for the info
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

I know your right ( you always are ) but i thought the new list changed Feb 2008 or was that something else ?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:05 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I know your right ( you always are ) but i thought the new list changed Feb 2008 or was that something else ?
The new processing was introduced in Feb/08 where the experience had to be on the "list of 38" , but the list wasn't introduced to Nov/08.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

J0n35y will become famous soon enough

Ok, so christmasoompa and this thread has me a little concerned

I would have thought there would still be a sufficient demand for Accountants/Auditors but is it worth the risk? We havent fully made our mind up on Canada yet but it would be gutting if we decided to wait and see only to have the list remove my job skill and the dream would have to wait a little longer.

My partner and I are starting to think that the $1200 or so it would take for me her and the wee man is a small price to pay to ensure we can take our first steps to a move if we want to. We'd have 3 or 4 years to move so it's sounding like a good gamble.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.