Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Old May 31st 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Originally Posted by lucieg
The free ride definitely is on it's last legs...

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...ndNotice.shtml
Wow when did this notice come out?
Old May 31st 2010, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Originally Posted by lucieg
The free ride definitely is on it's last legs...

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...ndNotice.shtml
Is this an indication that "IT Managers" will be removed from the eligible occupations updated list?
If happaned & removed, then how pending applications will be affected?
Old May 31st 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by AhmadQ
Is this an indication that "IT Managers" will be removed from the eligible occupations updated list?
If happaned & removed, then how pending applications will be affected?
There was previously a rule which said some IT workers within specific skill sets did not require LMO approval. This scheme is now being scrapped as of September 30th creating a requirement for these people (me included) to gain a positive LMO for a job offer.
Old May 31st 2010, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Loki117
Wow when did this notice come out?
Not sure I just noticed it last week.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of lightJpod is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Kaye,

My application was received same day as yours. Have you heard back yet? I know it is only 5 or so weeks but thought I might have had a confirmation using the self-addressed envelopes I included!

cheers

Jools

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Does anyone?

Our application was delivered by the courier and signed for yesterday!
Old May 31st 2010, 9:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jpod
Hi Kaye,

My application was received same day as yours. Have you heard back yet? I know it is only 5 or so weeks but thought I might have had a confirmation using the self-addressed envelopes I included!

cheers

Jools
You won't get any kind of confirmation of receipt - the next step will be either your credit card being charged or your bankers draft being cashed, and then after that you'll receive the 120 email. Another few weeks before that happens probably.

Old May 31st 2010, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jools

No, nothing yet. I don't expect we will hear anything for maybe another four weeks at least. I will let you know.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

lovekan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Loki117
There was previously a rule which said some IT workers within specific skill sets did not require LMO approval. This scheme is now being scrapped as of September 30th creating a requirement for these people (me included) to gain a positive LMO for a job offer.
I applied in jan 2010 and i got the AOR to send the doc in 120 days to ND.
my occupation is IT Manager.

So does it means i cannot apply? or am i not eligible?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:31 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by lovekan
I applied in jan 2010 and i got the AOR to send the doc in 120 days to ND.
my occupation is IT Manager.

So does it means i cannot apply? or am i not eligible?
No, it doesn't effect you, it is for work permits in 7 specific IT fields,

1. Senior Animation Effects Editor (NOC 9990.1)
2. Embedded Systems Software Designer (NOC 9990.2)
3. MIS Software Designer (NOC 9990.3)
4. Multimedia Software Developer (NOC 9990.4)
5. Software Developer—Services (NOC 9990.5)
6. Software Products Developer (NOC 9990.6)
7. Telecommunications Software Designer (NOC 9990.7)

they don't require an LMO to obtain a work permit in the above occupations, only a job offer. BUT as 01/10/10 they will require LMOs.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:44 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by crazy72
Why do you ask strangers who may intentionally or unintentionally mislead you? Why you just don't read the instruction and checklist? In both CIC clearly states what and only what should be included in initial application to Sydney.... crazy man, crazy....
Crazy72,

I have one question. When will be the occupation list updated ?. I read many times on this forum that it was going to be updated sometime in May. Well its now June, so when ?. If I wanna apply, how much time do I actually have ?. I am totally new to Canada Immigration.

Thanks for listening !

Cheers

TAA
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:46 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foha2012
Crazy72,

I have one question. When will be the occupation list updated ?. I read many times on this forum that it was going to be updated sometime in May. Well its now June, so when ?. If I wanna apply, how much time do I actually have ?. I am totally new to Canada Immigration.

Thanks for listening !

Cheers

TAA
No one really has any firm idea - I think the current thoughts are that the change will happen before September but no one can say for sure.

I would just say that you should get your application in asap and hope it doesn't change before you do it!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:49 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
No one really has any firm idea - I think the current thoughts are that the change will happen before September but no one can say for sure.

I would just say that you should get your application in asap and hope it doesn't change before you do it!
Thank you so much Amy.

I am doing double time on my passports !

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Hi Jools

No, nothing yet. I don't expect we will hear anything for maybe another four weeks at least. I will let you know.
Hi Jools and Kaye,

count me in as well - my IA application was signed/received at CIO NS on the 30th April. I am expecting the 120 mail somewhere in the last week of June, at earliest. But have heard that it can arrive any time between 45 - 70 days after receipt of application at CIO; is this true?

2ndly, can any body comment on more probability how our cases might get treated; in both scenarios if the 120 mail has been sent or it is still pending while the occupation list changes are announced? I am also one of those taking advantage of been associated with IT/Telecom

Regards,
\
Salman
Old Jun 14th 2010, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future

Hi foha,
I am umair from AUS forums. Hope you recognized me.
I have seen you are also researching for canadian immigration? I dont have any research on canadian immigration yet. I am interested to know the details regarding canada. So are we eligible for canadian skilled immigration?

Please update.

Thanks..
Originally Posted by foha2012
Crazy72,

Thanks for listening !

Cheers

TAA
Old Jun 14th 2010, 12:48 pm
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by umair
Hi foha,
I am umair from AUS forums. Hope you recognized me.
I have seen you are also researching for canadian immigration? I dont have any research on canadian immigration yet. I am interested to know the details regarding canada. So are we eligible for canadian skilled immigration?

Please update.

Thanks..
Hey Umair,

Welcome to the forum ..

Boss, what I have found out that Canada Immigration seems easier to get than Oz's for a person like myself. I can put my self into one of the 38 listed skilled occupatons - IT systems manager 0213 as I have management experience. The only thing you dont have and I have is IELTS score.

OK here goes ...We need 67 points...

Education - 14 years education (b-com/BA/BSc) Should be 20 or 16
Language - 16 for me as I have R=7,L=7.5,S=8,W=7 (Its the max)
experience - 21 for me as I have 4 or more years of it
Age - 10 for me and you both
Adaptability - for me either 0-3 (dont know for sure)

Total = Comes out to be 67 for me

check this link .... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sess/index.asp

Currently I am waiting for Vic SS and 1st july changes, Canada is my plan B.

Cheers,

TAA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.