Anyone needing to get photocopies certified try your local police station

(or solicitors at £10 a signature!!!)

Last edited by Claren; Sep 5th 2012 at 9:27 pm. Reason: added to it
Old Sep 5th 2012, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

wiganfem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CERTIFIED TRUE COPY

Originally Posted by Claren
Thanks Geordie lass, unfortunately I am still in the UK at the moment and although a great excuse to fly to calgary for a few days, I don't think my wife would buy it!!

You can get your local council offices to certify them & stamp them, your town hall. Anyone you know in the civil service to take to work & stamp & sign
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

AlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband popped to the local court. If you get there before or after normal court hearings are going on, you can get a slot with the Judge who verifies, signs & court stamps as much as you like for £25! Not as good as a box of Roses I know!
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:12 pm
AB/SK

Claren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AlmostThere12
My husband popped to the local court. If you get there before or after normal court hearings are going on, you can get a slot with the Judge who verifies, signs & court stamps as much as you like for £25! Not as good as a box of Roses I know!

It seems that things are different depending on where you are in the country.
I spent 2 hours at the local court with lawyers, judges and ushers all scratching their heads trying to decide if they could or even how!!!!
I gave up in the end when the judge I saw was quoting £35 a signature , not good when I needed 33 signatures!!!
It was Tony Tiger ( #2 on this thread) who gave me the idea to go to the local police station ( thanks Tony )
I think its just trial and error, some will, some won't. some will charge the earth, some will do it for a box of roses
Old Sep 16th 2012, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Service Canada can do it and they don't charge.

I called them to check that they did it in the Harry Hays building in Calgary and they did so am sure any branch can do it?
I was just about to post this same question.

Off to Harry Hays in the morning then.