CERTIFIED TRUE COPY

Old Sep 1st 2012, 9:26 am
AB/SK

Claren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CERTIFIED TRUE COPY

Hi All
I need to get some photocopies "certified as a true copy" to send to Alberta Industry Training.
I have approx. 30 - 35 documents including trade certificates, payslips, job references etc.
So far I have tried;
local magistrates - don't do it
Doctors; don't do it
local solicitors; most don't do it, those that will £10+ per document

Any help gratefully received, anybody who has sent documents to AIT please get in touch and let me know how where when etc.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 1st 2012, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CERTIFIED TRUE COPY

Head teachers will do it. If you have any friends that are accountants, local priest, doctors, or anyone in a profession..
I got my old school head teacher to do it in exchange for a box of biscuits and chocolates..

Chiropractor
Commissioner of Oaths (outside of Alberta)
· Dentist
· Funeral Director
· Justice of the Peace or Judge
· Lawyer
· Manager of a Financial Institution
· Medical Doctor
· Member of a Provincial Legislature
· Member of Parliament
· Minister of Religion
· Municipal Clerk
· Notary
· Official of an Embassy, Consulate or High Commission officially accredited to Canada and authorize to certify document issued by the official’s government
· Official of a Federal or Provincial Government Department
· Pharmacist
· Police Officer
· Postmaster
· Primary, Secondary or University Teacher
· Professional Accountant
· Professional Engineer
· Social Worker
· Veterinarian
Old Sep 1st 2012, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claren
Hi All
I need to get some photocopies "certified as a true copy" to send to Alberta Industry Training.
I have approx. 30 - 35 documents including trade certificates, payslips, job references etc.
So far I have tried;
local magistrates - don't do it
Doctors; don't do it
local solicitors; most don't do it, those that will £10+ per document

Any help gratefully received, anybody who has sent documents to AIT please get in touch and let me know how where when etc.

Thanks in advance
You need the Post Office Identity Checking Service
£7.15 for 3 documents. We used that service for things that needed to be a certified copy for our FSW application, it all went through OK.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 12:48 pm
AB/SK

Do they have to be stamped "certified true copy of the original"?
Could I get a stamp and then take them to the local police station to get signed?
Never realised this would be so difficult (or potentially expensive) to get done.
Has anyone had dealings with AIT, how strict are they or am I getting worked up for nothing??
Old Sep 1st 2012, 4:05 pm
AB/SK

Also the 30+ documents include photocopies of payslips, reference from a previous employer, proof that the previous employer/company was dissolved.
Do all of these need certifying or is it just my trade certificates?????
Old Sep 1st 2012, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Service Canada can do it and they don't charge.

I called them to check that they did it in the Harry Hays building in Calgary and they did so am sure any branch can do it?
Old Sep 1st 2012, 6:13 pm
AB/SK

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass

I called them to check that they did it in the Harry Hays building in Calgary and they did so am sure any branch can do it?
Thanks Geordie lass, unfortunately I am still in the UK at the moment and although a great excuse to fly to calgary for a few days, I don't think my wife would buy it!!
Old Sep 1st 2012, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass

I was under the impression the OP is in the UK still.

To the OP - I don't know about the AIT but I suspect if having docs certified as true copies was as simple as you're hoping (stamp them yourself and take them to the police) then I reckon it would have been mentioned on this forum before. I've not heard of the police certifying true copies of documents, I kind of hope they are busy with fighting crime, but you can only ask.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 7:26 pm
AB/SK

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
I was under the impression the OP is in the UK still.

To the OP - I don't know about the AIT but I suspect if having docs certified as true copies was as simple as you're hoping (stamp them yourself and take them to the police) then I reckon it would have been mentioned on this forum before. I've not heard of the police certifying true copies of documents, I kind of hope they are busy with fighting crime, but you can only ask.
Unfortunately the police stopped fighting crime in the UK a long time ago
At the end of the day all I am asking is to state that the photocopy I have is the same as the original document that I will obviously show them. I wasn't expecting magistrates/solicitors to say no or expect me to pay over £300 for what will be essentially 10 mins work
Having searched on this forum it seems things can vary substantially depending on where you live, people have used magistrates and solicitors stating they had more documents and it cost them £20 yet magistrates and solicitors where I am (midlands) don't want to know. My doctor is willing to sign a photo for a passport for me but not a photocopy of a trade certificate!!
I will try the local police station tomorrow and post on here what happens.
Anybody with any other ideas please feel free to comment
Thanks all
Old Sep 1st 2012, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Claren there is no such stamp 'certified true copy of the original'.

What you can do is build a case/file. Its what I did in a similar scenario i.e have your photo copies. Then have a cover letter from a authorising signatory. On the cover letter give a breakdown of the photocopies and pages. i.e page one: Payslip. Page two: Job reference.
Have a statement: I certify that this is a true copy of the original documents”;
· the name of the original documents;
· the date of the certification;
· his or her name;
· his or her official position or title;
· his or her signature.

Have a signature on each of the pages.
This is how I would do it for such a large number of documents. If there is a doubt regarding the documents, it leaves a paper trail to the authorising signatory.
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Geordie lass, unfortunately I am still in the UK at the moment and although a great excuse to fly to calgary for a few days, I don't think my wife would buy it!!
Oh I see

Why don't you try something as simple as asking your Facebook friends (presume you are on FB) if any of them are married to someone on the list of who can sign them... Someone will be married to someone or have a mate who can sign for you?
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 2:15 pm
AB/SK

So, to anyone looking in on this thread............
Today I went to the local police station and explained what I needed to the police officer behind the counter and she stamped every page with an official police stamp, dated everything and provided me with an official police cover page stating that all documents were true copies of the originals and included her name, address, e-mail address etc and all for the princely sum of.........

a box of roses!!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Today I went to the local police station and explained what I needed to the police officer behind the counter and she stamped every page with an official police stamp, dated everything and provided me with an official police cover page stating that all documents were true copies of the originals and included her name, address, e-mail address etc and all for the princely sum of.........

a box of roses!!!!!
See the police aren't all bad are they? I had a load of hassle with my police checks taking over 7 weeks to reach the UK past the new form and fee deadline. They extended it for me 10 points from me for not being Jobs worths
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

a box of roses!!!!!
That is good news, for you and anyone else who needs copies certifying, I'm glad it worked for you :-)
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

a box of roses!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.