Certified docs/photos

Old Jun 11th 2020, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mrsvickers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certified docs/photos

Hi everyone,

I am collecting all our supporting documents and photographs for our spousal sponsorship application.

I know that at least 2 of the letters from friends and family have to be notorised, but do our supporting docs (bank statements, car insurance etc) have to be certified? Also, do I send copies or the originals? And if so, would that be by the same person notorising the letters? Birth certificates etc

The same with photographs, do I send original photographs. Some we only have the one of, and I’ve seen that they don’t get returned!! The same for pages of communications (txt messages, social media etc)

Any help on the steps I take for each of these would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You 😊
Old Jun 11th 2020, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified docs/photos

Originally Posted by Mrsvickers
Hi everyone,

I am collecting all our supporting documents and photographs for our spousal sponsorship application.

I know that at least 2 of the letters from friends and family have to be notorised, but do our supporting docs (bank statements, car insurance etc) have to be certified? Also, do I send copies or the originals? And if so, would that be by the same person notorising the letters? Birth certificates etc

The same with photographs, do I send original photographs. Some we only have the one of, and I’ve seen that they don’t get returned!! The same for pages of communications (txt messages, social media etc)

Any help on the steps I take for each of these would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You 😊
Have you spotted the spousal sponsorship wiki yet. Your questions and more answered there.

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...lication_Forms

Documents etc. only need to be certified or originals IF it explicitly says so on your forms or checklist (requirements vary by nationality of PA), otherwise, send normal copies you can take yourself.