Certificate of Qualification

Old Jan 5th 2016, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certificate of Qualification

The NOC code I used was - 1111 Financial Auditors & Accountants

Really stuck with what to do here?

If I contact BCPNP i have to email them and I am not sure what they can do as the EE is the federal side?

Thanks

Mark
Old Jan 5th 2016, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marko86bfc

If I contact BCPNP i have to email them and I am not sure what they can do as the EE is the federal side?

Thanks

Mark
This is the page for that NOC code

Quick Search - Results

It has the requirements at the bottom

- Chartered accountants require a university degree
and
Completion of a professional training program approved by a provincial institute of chartered accountants and, depending on the province, either two years or 30 months of on-the-job training
and
Membership in a provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants upon successful completion of the Uniform Evaluation (UFE).
- Certified general accountants and certified management accountants require a university degree
and
Completion of a training program approved by the Society of Certified General Accountants or Society of Management Accountants and several years of on-the-job training
and
Certification by the Certified General Accountants Association or the Society of Management Accountants.
- Auditors require education, training and recognition as indicated for chartered accountants, certified general accountants or certified management accountants
and
Some experience as an accountant.
- Auditors may require recognition by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- To act as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings, auditors and accountants must hold a licence as a trustee in bankruptcy.
- Licensing by the provincial or territorial governing body is usually required for accountants and auditors practising public accounting.
My guess is that CIC are expecting to see some professional qualifications if you are applying under that NOC. You may need to find another NOC to apply under. But I also think you should seek professional advice.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 5:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Mark
Therein I think is your problem. Without being Certified I am not sure that 1111 Financial Auditors and Accountants is the correct code.

If you look at 1212 I believe this may have been more appropriate as it includes 'assistant accountant' and 'assistant financial institution accountant – financial services' (for duties: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...spx?val65=1212) or else possibly 0111 'assistant accounting manager'

Both are skilled (as you can see on the Matrix) and would still qualify you for FSW.

Edited to say, apologies - I see BC2015 also posted on this - quicker fingers..

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 5th 2016 at 5:53 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute

That would make sense but I am working and an accountant through experience rather than through the certified qualification at the moment so would be true to my current position.

I could use:
1311 Accounting technicians and bookkeepersI am guessing they will then not require the qualification upload then?
Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2016, 6:08 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That would make sense but I am working and an accountant through experience rather than through the certified qualification at the moment so would be true to my current position.

I could use:
1311 Accounting technicians and bookkeepersI am guessing they will then not require the qualification upload then?
Thanks
But you are not a Certified Accountant regardless of the work you may do - and in Canada that is a Regulated Profession which requires you to be either Certified or Chartered. Unfortunately, you can't call yourself an accountant just because your duties or job title include that, without being Certified.

You need to check which of the NOC codes most accurately reflects the work that you do (not necessarily the title). I used to work as an assistant to the Company accountant in the UK and did everything he did bar signing off on official documentation but there I would have been classed as 1311. If 1311 has the most in common with the duties you perform (unless you are a manager or supervisor - you can still perform the same duties as your reports) then that may be the correct one - but it would be worth checking the other two as well before deciding.

If you choose any of the others rather than 1111 you should not need the Certification any longer.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 5th 2016 at 6:21 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 6:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Snowy560
He has been nominated by a Province. He has a Provincial Nominee certificate. He has a permanent job offer for a position he is currently working in and he meets (I assume) the requirements of that job offer (or he would not have been hired or nominated).

His focus needs to be on his explanation to CIC as to why that CoQ is not required for the job offer/job duties that he is currently doing and will continue to do.

You know the rest of what I think.

S
Regardless, for Express Entry (even with PNP nomination) he still has to give the correct NOC code. IMHO, he is using the incorrect NOC code; he may be working as an 'intermediate accountant' but he isn't an accountant and cannot claim to be one - which he would be using that code. The job title 'intermediate accountant' is just that, a title, not a designation - if you check the duties of that job title online, you will see it is virtually the same as an senior accounts clerk or supervisor. You can't call yourself an Accountant in Canada unless you are certified, no matter what your job title may be.

Edited to ask the OP - what does your BC PNP certificate have as your NOC code?

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 5th 2016 at 7:03 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:20 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

This could be what is causing your problem. It seems you maybe performing an accounting role, within an accounts department, for which no certification is required.

To call yourself an accountant, with its full privileges and responsibilities would require certification. Without certification (calling yourself an accountant sounds better perhaps), could be deemed as misleading and could lead to all kinds of grief. In Canada all accountants are now unified under the CPA.

Accountants in Canada are regulated by law.
http://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/04p08

FAQs - Public Accounting Licensing

https://www.cpacanada.ca/

http://www.catrainingoffice.ca/faq/item46225_7.html
I agree fully with Siouxie's interpretation and suggestions.

In the UK I believe anyone can call themselves an accountant., they can only use the designation if qualified.

http://www.local-accountants-uk.co.u...-qualified.htm

CIC will apply Canadian regulations to potential immigrants. It pays to do ones research.

Last edited by Aviator; Jan 5th 2016 at 7:30 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Great feedback guys, so my options would be to consider the NOC list and another occupation that perhaps closely matches my job role without requiring the certificate.

Out of interest, If I now change that NOC code to a different one for example 1311 then would I lose this ITA as my application would need to be updated?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 7:48 pm
Banned

Great feedback guys, so my options would be to consider the NOC list and another occupation that perhaps closely matches my job role without requiring the certificate.

Out of interest, If I now change that NOC code to a different one for example 1311 then would I lose this ITA as my application would need to be updated?

Thanks in advance.
You are most welcome - thanks to Aviator from me too

What NOC code does your BC PNP Certificate have on it?

Old Jan 5th 2016, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Iv just looked and the BC PNP have the following on there:

Intermediate Accountant / NOC: 1311

So you guys are totally correct I have put the wrong NOC code and should be 1311.

Now if I make this change to my application will I lose this ITA I am currently working on?

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2016, 8:24 pm
Banned

Iv just looked and the BC PNP have the following on there:

Intermediate Accountant / NOC: 1311

So you guys are totally correct I have put the wrong NOC code and should be 1311.

Now if I make this change to my application will I lose this ITA I am currently working on?

Thanks
Glad that you found that on your certificate! Phew!

From what I have read online, you would probably need to decline your invitation and then change your NOC code and wait for a new invite - however, I can't find anything specific on CIC's website other than this: Invitations to apply – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

I'm not sure how you change your NOC code directly on your EE application but have a read through!

Online Help Centre - List of questions and answers - by topic
Old Jan 5th 2016, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help.

I am going to see if I can perhaps just update the application under work experience and current job and see if it will let me update without losing the ITA. I suppose I would also have to do this on my original application that got me the ITA too.

Fingers crossed I can and it will update and I wont lose the ITA & points given this is still a skilled job classification.

Thanks