Certificate of Qualification

Old Jan 3rd 2016, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Certificate of Qualification

Hi Guys

I have just checked the Express Entry list of required documents to be attached and the above is listed on there? What is this?

I have my university certificates and converstion that I paid for to have my degree converted into a Canadian level but really unsure what is require for the above? Is this new?

The description gives the following:

Document: Certificate of QualificationIn Canada, provinces and territories are in charge of education and training. This includes apprenticeships in the skilled trades. They also decide on the standards and conditions used to assess and recognize foreign credentials for certain trades.To get a certificate of qualification, the body that governs tradesOpens a new window in a province or territory must assess your training, trade experience and skills to decide if you are eligibleOpens a new window to write an exam to be certified.You will likely have to physically go to the province or territory to write the certification exam. You may also need an employer in Canada to give you training and work experience before you are allowed to write the exam.Because the requirements to be certified in a trade are different in each province, you should contact the provincial or territorial body for more information.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 12:02 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certificate of Qualification

Originally Posted by Marko86bfc
Hi Guys

I have just checked the Express Entry list of required documents to be attached and the above is listed on there? What is this?

I have my university certificates and converstion that I paid for to have my degree converted into a Canadian level but really unsure what is require for the above? Is this new?

The description gives the following:

Document: Certificate of QualificationIn Canada, provinces and territories are in charge of education and training. This includes apprenticeships in the skilled trades. They also decide on the standards and conditions used to assess and recognize foreign credentials for certain trades.To get a certificate of qualification, the body that governs tradesOpens a new window in a province or territory must assess your training, trade experience and skills to decide if you are eligibleOpens a new window to write an exam to be certified.You will likely have to physically go to the province or territory to write the certification exam. You may also need an employer in Canada to give you training and work experience before you are allowed to write the exam.Because the requirements to be certified in a trade are different in each province, you should contact the provincial or territorial body for more information.
Trade certificate.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 5:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, trade cert - if you're applying under FST then you need either that or a job offer to be eligible.

If you're not applying under FST then it's not applicable to you.

HTH.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, but its actually on my list of documents to upload for PR on the Express Entry?

I dont know why this would be on there? I have a job offer so should I just attach a copy of that? I have already uploaded this elsewhere though where it asked for the job offer and employment letter for current job.

If someone could clear this up for me that would be appreciated :-)

Thanks

Mark
Old Jan 4th 2016, 5:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, but its actually on my list of documents to upload for PR on the Express Entry?

I dont know why this would be on there? I have a job offer so should I just attach a copy of that? I have already uploaded this elsewhere though where it asked for the job offer and employment letter for current job.

If someone could clear this up for me that would be appreciated :-)

Thanks

Mark
Is your profession regulated or requiring certification in Canada (Provincial)?

Edited to say, did you apply under EE as an Accountant? (had a look at previous posts) - if so, it's a regulated industry in BC and this may be what they are asking for - though this is only a guess. I'm in agreement with the other responses, that's normally a requirement for trades.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 4th 2016 at 5:36 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

No, I havent needed a certificate to work as an Accountant in Canada. My position is an intermediate accountant working in BC.

Yes I applied under EE and my current job is as an intermediate accountant with my current employer.

Im really not sure, how or if I am required to get get this certificate? I really wouldnt know how to get this?

Its total news to me.

Thanks

mark
Old Jan 4th 2016, 7:51 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

No, I havent needed a certificate to work as an Accountant in Canada. My position is an intermediate accountant working in BC.

Yes I applied under EE and my current job is as an intermediate accountant with my current employer.

Im really not sure, how or if I am required to get get this certificate? I really wouldnt know how to get this?

Its total news to me.

Thanks

mark
If you have a UK accountancy designation, you should be able to get a CPA in BC though the reciprocal agreement.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, I dont have a UK designation or any designation for accountancy.

I have just my Business degree which I have had converted which I had to do for the purpose of EE anyway?
Old Jan 4th 2016, 8:12 pm

Hi, I dont have a UK designation or any designation for accountancy.

I have just my Business degree which I have had converted which I had to do for the purpose of EE anyway?
I am guessing , if you put down occupation as accounting, which is a controlled occupation, this could generate such an inquiry. Only a guess though.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Yes would make sense but I don't have a designation nor a certificate to upload as I am not a certified accountant.

Any ideas as to how I can get around this one?
Old Jan 4th 2016, 10:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will need to contact CIC to ascertain what it is they want from you. If you put down that you are an Accountant, it's likely they have expectations that you will be certified or chartered.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a BCPNP Nominee under the Skilled worker stream?
If you so, you have a job offer which allowed you to get the nomination and then subsequently the ITA.

IMO: It is up to you to demonstrate/explain to CIC that, based on your ITA as a provincial nominee, and in your particular job, (whatever duties that job entails), you aren't required to have a certificate of qualification, if this is the case. If you have any doubts as to how you are going to do this, IMO, you should seek immigration advice as to how to proceed. I am not suggesting you engage a consultant to do your entire application but I am suggesting, that if you are not clear as to what you need to do, you seek a consultation with someone who is experienced with BCPNP Skilled Worker Stream and EE ITAs who can help you. You will have to pay for this however. At the very least if you do this, the person will be able to tell you for certain what you need to provide and what explanations you need to make. It's not easy to answer precisely on a forum when we do not know all the details about you and your application.

This is my opinion which you or others may disagree with.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jan 4th 2016 at 11:13 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Snowy

Yes I do have a BCPNP Nominee under the Skilled stream which allowed me to get the nomination and ITA.

To be honest, I have done everything off my own back as I don't really have the budget to seek consulting advise at a cost. This board has been really useful and helped me along the way and I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction?

I also want to be sure to provide the right documentation which I have up until now and this is the final document I need to upload but really dont know where to start or what to do for it?

I could call CIC but I have found them not to be very useful over the phone?

Any help if much appreciated as I really would hate for my application to not make it through based on this one document upload.

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2016, 1:54 am
Banned

Hi Snowy

Yes I do have a BCPNP Nominee under the Skilled stream which allowed me to get the nomination and ITA.

To be honest, I have done everything off my own back as I don't really have the budget to seek consulting advise at a cost. This board has been really useful and helped me along the way and I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction?

I also want to be sure to provide the right documentation which I have up until now and this is the final document I need to upload but really dont know where to start or what to do for it?

I could call CIC but I have found them not to be very useful over the phone?

Any help if much appreciated as I really would hate for my application to not make it through based on this one document upload.

Thanks
Would it be worth your while contacting BC PNP and asking their advice on this? I agree, the unhelpful misinformation line won't be much use to you.

Sorry that we can't offer you much advice on this..

Old Jan 5th 2016, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Which NOC code did you use when filling in the EE profile?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.