Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canadian Experience Class LMO Exception?

Canadian Experience Class LMO Exception?

Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

busycouple is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Experience Class LMO Exception?

Hi Guys, Im curently on my second year of my IEC visa. I now have a 12 months experience working in a Skill level job, and meet all the other requirements for the Canadian Experience Class route. However my current IEC visa runs out in January next year and I see that the processing times for the Canadiana Experience Class were 13 months on the cic website. So if I apply now in Feb it would be March if I go by the average processing times before I get my PR. Leaving me a gap from January-March where I couldnt work. Is there a LMO Exemption I can get while my application is going through, or any other way I can carry on working between that period of time. I'v been told that I cant apply to the IEC as there is a 2 time maximum which Iam on.

I have a full time job I'm in now which I want to carry on working in throught the January-March period. The same applies to my wife, but I will be the main applicant on the application.

p.s. I typed this on my phone and so there may be spelling mistakes or grammar errors.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Experience Class LMO Exception?

Have you considered PNP as an alternative to CEC? Depending on the Province you are in, the requirements for length of time working is normally far less than a year and you would be able to obtain a TWP once PNP approval has been given - no LMO required. What about FSW2?

Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

I have done some searching and seen that there is a similar question asked already. But its still a bit loosy as nobody really knows about the exemption and carrying on working part yet.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

I can go on the PNP route, but the preocessing times are high arnt they? and I dont know if I want to be tied down to work for the same guys for 2 years. As I was told they would need to give me a letter of ongoing employment and I have to stay with them until the PR is completed. So 2 years.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:30 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the Province you are applying to.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp
Old Feb 7th 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry should have said Alberta. So its one month for the ANIP and then whatever the CIC is. Im sure I saw 18 or 24 months on the CIC site.

Last edited by busycouple; Feb 7th 2013 at 3:39 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Provincial Nominees PR applications sent to Ottawa are being processed in 13 months in the moment according to the CIC website. Same processing time as the CEC.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 4:33 pm
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

If you go the PNP route you'll get a closed TWP to cover the time until PR is achieved. Once that is done you're free to work for anyone.