in canada landing class

Old Jan 13th 2002, 2:42 pm
The Wizzard

just out of curiosity.

currently with my wife applying now to be a sponsor and then me aplying and doing
medicals etc, we'd expect the whole thing to fall into the 6-8 month catagory for a
sponsored spouse, applying to London. However with me graduating after easter i could
be ready to move there sooner, i was jsut curious about the in canada landing class
that the new law talked about. i know it has provisions for duel intent and not
fraudulantley entering so you can't go and say your going on holiday then try and
apply for PR from within Canada. I was wondering though if there is any legal and
straightforward means of arriving at Canada and saying you want to gain entry so that
you can live with yoru wife and apply for PR status from within Canada? Woudl they
just laugh and say go home and apply? or is there provision for such a situation? I
am jsut basicaly trying to find the fastest way to be with my wife after i graduate
and just had a thoguht as to wether this methos was possible before we sent in the
out of Canada forms and went down that path.

thanks

Drew

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG