Canada FSWP- Removal from the UK.

Old Oct 30th 2014, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

ggreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada FSWP- Removal from the UK.

Hello all,
Please I need ur candid advice. I was served a removal notice by the UK border agency for overstaying in 2012 and was banned for one year from entering the UK. I appealed against the decision to the immigration and the judge ruled in my favour with an order that the decision was not in accordance with the law and that the order stands to the extent that the UKBA must make a new decision.

I am filling the forms now to apply for the FSWP and there is a question about if one has ever been removed from Canada or any other country. My dilema now is if I should fill YES or NO to this question. Does the tribunal decision make the initial decision of UK Border Agency non existent or my removal record is still intact. Please I need your expert advice. Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada FSWP- Removal from the UK.

IMHO I would disclose the fact that a removal order was made against you and provide details of the appeal and the judgement given.
Legally you were issued the removal order though not removed.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 8:04 am
Just Joined

ggreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada FSWP- Removal from the UK.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
IMHO I would disclose the fact that a removal order was made against you and provide details of the appeal and the judgement given.
Legally you were issued the removal order though not removed.
Many thanks for your reply. I have re read the question now and it actually asks if one has ever 'been refused admission or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

In the removal notice, I was actually ordered to leave and I left before making my appeal to the tribunal from outside the UK. I thought that any action that has been nullified by a court is deemed not to have taken place at all and makes the record clean. I will do as suggested. Cheers.

Last edited by ggreg; Oct 31st 2014 at 8:06 am.