Immigration assistance

Old Oct 30th 2014, 6:16 am
Just Joined

smhbeamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration assistance

Hi everybody
im trying to immigrate to Nova Scotia to live with my girlfriend permanantly, i dont know how to go about it and i dont know which type of visa i would need to live work and stay there can anyone shed any light for me , much appreciated , i have had three or four job offers from Canadian employers for truck driving and when it comes down to applying for the LMIA from the goverment they seem to change there minds, and say theres too much work involved in doing so ,does anybody know of any reputable employers that does employ foreign drivers

Last edited by smhbeamer; Oct 30th 2014 at 6:34 am. Reason: just alittle additional question
Old Oct 30th 2014, 6:52 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration assistance

Originally Posted by smhbeamer
Hi everybody
im trying to immigrate to Nova Scotia to live with my girlfriend permanantly, i dont know how to go about it and i dont know which type of visa i would need to live work and stay there can anyone shed any light for me , much appreciated , i have had three or four job offers from Canadian employers for truck driving and when it comes down to applying for the LMIA from the goverment they seem to change there minds, and say theres too much work involved in doing so ,does anybody know of any reputable employers that does employ foreign drivers
Maybe take a look at the Wiki on this site and visit the truckers forum. The new LMIA also has a $1000 price tag, which has reduced applications by 78%
Old Oct 30th 2014, 6:56 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody
Your best bet is to have a good read of the Wiki section. It's the fourth tab from the left on the blue bar above. It contains a wealth of information and should answer most of your questions. As far as LMIAs are concerned I don't know the answer to that but I believe that they are very difficult, if not impossible, to come by at the moment in NS. Good luck and please do give the Wiki a good read and figure out which is the best stream for you. There are fifty different ways.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Hi , thanks for your reply , i was led to believe that there was always a price on the Lmo before the LMIA came in , i would be willing to stand this cost but im struggling to find many employers , al see if i can get on the truckers forum but im new to this site al maybe have to have a good look round , cheers
Old Oct 30th 2014, 7:05 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi , thanks for your reply , i was led to believe that there was always a price on the Lmo before the LMIA came in , i would be willing to stand this cost but im struggling to find many employers , al see if i can get on the truckers forum but im new to this site al maybe have to have a good look round , cheers
You will find the Trucking forum on the Discussion Forum page. Scroll down to Working Abroad and you will see it there.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 7:31 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

i was led to believe that there was always a price on the Lmo before the LMIA came in
There was, but it was around $100, now it is $1000. The idea being to encourage employers to hire Canadians, which is succeeding.

There is a lot of work and added risk hiring in foreign labour. Far easier to hire Canadians if it is possible to do so. Hiring outside of the country is a lot of work.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Hmmm so why is the Canadian goverment saying they require a substantial amount of immigrants for the economy , but yet there trying to deter employers from doing so
Old Oct 30th 2014, 9:06 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for reading through the wiki and understanding more about the process and what's required.

Also, if marriage is on the cards for you, then applying for sponsorship via the family class would be by far your easiest route to PR. It would take about 8 months to have your PR in hand, which gives you full right to live and work in Canada.

YOu can also apply as common-law partners if you have been living together, unbroken, for at least 12 months, but from your post it sounds like you are not living together at the moment.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your advice i am going to ask my beautiful girlfriend to marry me over the festive season , cos i m coming over to canada for 5 weeks , iv heard that there is a difference if we have lived together with our names on shared bills , the only thing i cant understand is how to live together for this period when i can only stay in Canada for upto six months , do you know anything about this
Old Oct 30th 2014, 9:27 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your advice i am going to ask my beautiful girlfriend to marry me over the festive season , cos i m coming over to canada for 5 weeks , iv heard that there is a difference if we have lived together with our names on shared bills , the only thing i cant understand is how to live together for this period when i can only stay in Canada for upto six months , do you know anything about this
Well, you can't, obviously. But if you get married, that doesn't matter.

Wiki reading time...
Old Oct 30th 2014, 10:42 am
Just Joined

So if we do get married do we live together and apply for a pr
Old Oct 30th 2014, 11:19 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Read the wiki, it answers everything. But no, you do not have to be living together to apply as a married couple.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 7:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You would apply to extend your visitor status.

If you are under 31 (35 if you have Irish Citizenship) have you considered applying for an IEC working holiday work permit when they are available in December? It would give you a 1 year open work permit, you can read more here: Travel and Work in Canada | Temporary Work Visa For Work Holidays in Canada for Students and Youth | International Experience Canada

Old Oct 30th 2014, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi thank you for your post , if 31 is the age limit for IEC permits I'm afraid I'm just older than this , thanks for the information , I'm always open to any advice that's available. Hmmm
Old Oct 31st 2014, 4:06 am

Hi thank you for your post , if 31 is the age limit for IEC permits I'm afraid I'm just older than this , thanks for the information , I'm always open to any advice that's available. Hmmm
Find a new girlfriend and stay in the UK, it is a whole lot less trouble on both counts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.