Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Canada FSWP NOC 2174 - July 2013 - no news from CIC?

Canada FSWP NOC 2174 - July 2013 - no news from CIC?

Old Apr 3rd 2014, 5:32 am
Just Joined

sawaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada FSWP NOC 2174 - July 2013 - no news from CIC?

Originally Posted by melko
I am in the same boat as you. I applied for NOC 2174, sent my application off June 15th. I have not heard from CIC at all to this date, nothing on my credit card either. I think christmasoompa may be right, cap may have been filled but only a matter of time until it was announced. But then again, why wait almost 3 months in to announce, and still receive a load of applications in that that? Very confusing to me.
I guess we can just wait for that email that tells us otherwise. Good luck
Hello, i applied in July 2013 under the NOC 2174 via my agent, but my agent keeps telling me that there is no response from CIC. Its been 8 months. The more i read the forums, they more sure i am that my agent is lying to me. How can i find out about my application? any suggestions. How long did it take you to get a response from CIC?
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 5:51 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada FSWP NOC 2174 cap reached

Originally Posted by sawaris
Hello, i applied in July 2013 under the NOC 2174 via my agent, but my agent keeps telling me that there is no response from CIC. Its been 8 months. The more i read the forums, they more sure i am that my agent is lying to me. How can i find out about my application? any suggestions. How long did it take you to get a response from CIC?
Hello and welcome to BE!

I've moved your post to it's own thread - it's always better to start your own so that you get responses to your personal questions rather than someone else's.

Judging by this spreadsheet, it is surprising that you haven't had something from CIC by now - have they even taken payment or acknowledged receipt?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...next_steps.asp

Do you have any reference number, receipt number or anything from CIC?

The trouble is, if you have given authority to your agent all correspondence will go through them, so it would be difficult to check. You could send a case specific enquiry by using the email under 'how to contact the Central Processing Office' on the link above.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 3rd 2014 at 5:53 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

enak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada FSWP NOC 2174 - July 2013 - no news from CIC?

If you have a job offer, your agent would at least have received an acknowledgement from CIC Sydney by now. June applicants were getting the acknowledgement at the end of August / very beginning of September.

If you don't have a job offer then I'm sorry to say that your agent is likely keeping the bad news from you. Although CIC announced 2174 was full on 21 August, they take time to process these things and announce the cap updates, so in practice the last person processed for that NOC was 30 May, so June and July applications were then returned by (slow) mail.

There is quite good tracking on FSW 2013 available here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250

You'll need to use the various tab's to see the whole picture.
I'm sorry if I bring bad tidings.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 10:39 am
Just Joined

sawaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Siouxie, thank you so much for your reply. My agent says no correspondence yet. The only proof my agent sent me regarding the fact that they have submitted my papers was a Fedex tracking number which shows that the package was received by a certain "D.MARJETTY" in Sydney, Nova Scotia on 25th July. My agent says no correspondence has been received by them regarding my case ever since.

When i check your spreadsheet, i see a column "Application Received AT CIO", i can see some applicants whose package was received by CIO on 29th July, thats after my delivery date, and their application is in "Application Received" or "In Process" status, is this telling me that most probably my agent never files my case, the fedex tracking ID they have sent me is for someone else, Please advise.

Also, this spreadsheet is a personal effort of your or someone in this forum or official from CIC, i mean, how legit do you believe this list to be. Sorry for asking so many questions, i am under a lot of stress due, need your responses to just understand or figure out my status, thank you so much
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 11:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sawaris
Dear Siouxie, thank you so much for your reply. My agent says no correspondence yet. The only proof my agent sent me regarding the fact that they have submitted my papers was a Fedex tracking number which shows that the package was received by a certain "D.MARJETTY" in Sydney, Nova Scotia on 25th July. My agent says no correspondence has been received by them regarding my case ever since.
So according to your agent you've never received a PER? That's either rubbish, or it's because he filed your application too late - I suspect the latter if you applied under 2174, which filled up quickly.

Ask him for the PER, and if he doesn't have it then why on earth hasn't he contacted CIC to chase it up, you should have had that ages ago.

You need to take charge of this now and find out what on earth's happening, as if you've missed out on FSW due to the quota being full, you need to figure out a Plan B. Speak to your 'agent' (he is a licensed ICCRC consultant, right?) and hopefully you'll get some answers.

Good luck.