Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

can you get any points for being in the RAF

can you get any points for being in the RAF

Old Apr 4th 2018, 12:25 am
Just Joined

eamcp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can you get any points for being in the RAF

Hi

My husband was in the RAF for 4 years before leaving to join the Police Force and l am wondering if anyone has been able to obtain any credentials for this

We were going to apply through me as l have a Masters Degree but it looks like we will only have around 380 points for Express Entry

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old Apr 4th 2018, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

gaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can you get any points for being in the RAF

Hi eamcp,

I can only testify to my own application. I worked with the British Army for 7 years and the UK Civil Service for a further 1 year. Looking through my Global Case Management System (GCMS) notes (which I ordered a while back out of curiosity) I was credited with the full amount of foreign skilled work experience points using NOC Code 4168. In both of my positions I worked as an Intelligence Analyst/Officer and provided detailed job/role descriptions, payslips, scans of ID cards, letters of reference etc. (basically everything I could to make it easier for the Case Officer to make an informed judgement).

I don't know what particular role your husband did in the RAF, or how much scrutiny that IRCC places on NOC 4168, but in my case I was approved for the points that I claimed for.

You may find that a different NOC code better fits/matches your husbands experience (mechanic, police officer etc.) as that's what I believe the Case Officer is looking for.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 10:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can you get any points for being in the RAF

Originally Posted by eamcp
Hi

My husband was in the RAF for 4 years before leaving to join the Police Force and l am wondering if anyone has been able to obtain any credentials for this

We were going to apply through me as l have a Masters Degree but it looks like we will only have around 380 points for Express Entry

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Not sure what you mean by 'obtain any credentials', can you clarify?

Any skilled work experience counts for points purposes if that's what you're asking about, but it sounds more as though you're talking about an ECA? If so, experience isn't relevant, only academic qualifications are.

Your points seem quite low for somebody with a masters, do you mind me asking how old you are?