Can someone help us please!!!

Old Mar 31st 2015, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

ng4379 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Can someone help us please!!!

Hi guys,

We are looking to move to Canada, and need as much help to get the ball rolling as possible.

We just seem to be going round in circles, we don't quite understand the visa process or what visa we need what we are eligible for etc.

I have my hr certificate and my partner is a bricklayer but also has experience in ground works and lorry driving.

Do we have to do this express entry first? Is there anyone on here that is living and working Canada as a bricklayer or in human resources? Did you get sponsorship?

If so did you go out on a fact finding trip to introduce yourself to companies or did you use an immigration agency?

Any info would be gratefully received 😃😄👍👍
Old Mar 31st 2015, 7:54 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone help us please!!!

Welcome to the forum!
You've asked some very big questions. I would have a poke around in the Wiki (on the blue bar at the top of this page). Moving to Canada these days seems to be harder than ever before, but by no means impossible. How old are you both? (under 30 and you can apply for an IEC working visa which I think is for 2 years).
Old Mar 31st 2015, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply will definitely try the wiki link.

We are looking to move for good to Canada, I'm 25 and my partner is 28.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 8:04 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ng4379
Thank you for your reply will definitely try the wiki link.

We are looking to move for good to Canada, I'm 25 and my partner is 28.
It sounds like the IEC visa would be a good starting point. It is only for 2 years though, although it can lead to more permanent opportunities. Wanting to move here and being able to move here are, I'm afraid, two very separate animals. If my family applied now, without job offers and goodness knows what else we wouldn't get in. We had unrestricted FSW permanent residency from day one, but we certainly wouldn't enjoy that status under today's criteria.

Have a look at the Express Entry criteria. I think there are some online tools you can try to establish eligibility and likelihood of success. Christmasoompa is an expert on this stuff and may be able to offer more informed and intelligent suggestions than me.

Last edited by rivingtonpike; Mar 31st 2015 at 8:15 pm. Reason: writing crrap that doesn't make sense!
Old Mar 31st 2015, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

I really appreciate your information and will definitely try anything that is suggested to us. We have been to Australia for a year but have for the past 6 years really wanted to be in Canada.

Do you think if we had a job offer that visas would be more achievable? Or residency?
Old Mar 31st 2015, 8:18 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by ng4379
I really appreciate your information and will definitely try anything that is suggested to us. We have been to Australia for a year but have for the past 6 years really wanted to be in Canada.

Do you think if we had a job offer that visas would be more achievable? Or residency?
I think having a job offer gives you more "points" which makes you more eligible. They invite people with a point score above a certain number to apply (you get points for education, language skills etc etc). At least, that's my understanding.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 8:31 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I think having a job offer gives you more "points" which makes you more eligible. They invite people with a point score above a certain number to apply (you get points for education, language skills etc etc). At least, that's my understanding.
Unfortunately the job offer with LMIA has become very difficult to obtain... I'm not sure about your husband's skills but basically with either job the employer has to prove they can't get a canadian to do the job. I don't suppose HR will fit that criteria..
Old Mar 31st 2015, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

My partner is a bricklayer but also does ground works and has his lorry licence which I know last year was a skill shortage in Canada. I am currently studying a law degree but will be a few years until I am qualified.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 1:02 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum and good luck.