Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I apply for sponsorship approval AND my wifes immigration at the same time

Can I apply for sponsorship approval AND my wifes immigration at the same time

Old Mar 25th 2015, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I apply for sponsorship approval AND my wifes immigration at the same time

I am sure this has been answered many times, so apologies for asking yet again. I did look in the excellent 'Spousal Sponsorship FAQ' but could see it.

I am a Canadian citizen who has lived in the UK most of my life. In the next two years or so, I plan to return to Canada and sponsor my British wife. I can see that it is a two stage process, first approval of me as a sponsor, then apply for my wife etc.

Questions - Is it possible to send all the stuff for sponsor approval and apply for permenent residence for my wife at the same time, or MUST it be a sequential process?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 2:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I apply for sponsorship approval AND my wifes immigration at the same time

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I am sure this has been answered many times, so apologies for asking yet again. I did look in the excellent 'Spousal Sponsorship FAQ' but could see it.

I am a Canadian citizen who has lived in the UK most of my life. In the next two years or so, I plan to return to Canada and sponsor my British wife. I can see that it is a two stage process, first approval of me as a sponsor, then apply for my wife etc.

Questions - Is it possible to send all the stuff for sponsor approval and apply for permenent residence for my wife at the same time, or MUST it be a sequential process?
It's all done at the same time, and goes in the same application. If you download the application pack and guide on the CIC website, you'll see what you need to send.

HTH.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I apply for sponsorship approval AND my wifes immigration at the same time

You are a star, perfect - thanks.

I have already collected all of the forms and instructions etc. and have read them once, now need to start collecting the information ready for completion - this is gonna be a nightmare, but then loads of people have managed it before, so here goes!!

I will deffo be referring to that wiki FAQ a lot I suspect!
Old Mar 25th 2015, 4:31 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

There are a LOT of parts to the application, but if you just take a breath and work through it methodically, it will start to make sense. It can be overwhelming at first, but it starts to make more sense once you get your head around it. The FAQ will help answer the majority of your questions. It's broken down by form, so you can have it open and go question-by-question pretty much. If you have any other questions that the FAQ doesn't cover, then come back here and post.

Good luck!