C20 work permit

Old Oct 14th 2020, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

eversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond repute
Default C20 work permit

maybe a silly question... i have the wp approved now. but it clearly states, the letter is not authorization, and an officer will make the determination at entry... given i don't have any issues with my profile (i.e. criminal record), could i consider this to be a formality and plan on moving activities like getting rid of furniture? or is it a clear no no! don't do any serious planning until you get the documents sort of thing... which means i'll have to visit twice under covid conditions... would be great to hear from people who have experienced this before.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: C20 work permit

It basically means that you present the letter at the POE and if there are no concerns then you are issued with the work permit. The WP is in the system for CBSA to issue but it's just a final check that everything is OK and nothing has happened since the letter was issued and your arrival in Canada. Don't lose any sleep over it.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

eversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond reputeeversmannx has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! would you let the house and ship the goods and go at once though? it would make life so much easier having to just quarantine 2 weeks and get it over with... (having to fly and quarantine 2 times with young toddlers is a bit of a nightmare).
Old Oct 15th 2020, 9:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eversmannx
Thank you! would you let the house and ship the goods and go at once though? it would make life so much easier having to just quarantine 2 weeks and get it over with... (having to fly and quarantine 2 times with young toddlers is a bit of a nightmare).
I've never heard of a TWP not being issued once the POE letter has been given. But if you're worried about it and would rather have the TWP in hand before renting your house etc, you don't all need to go - you could just go ahead, get your TWP and then return on the next flight if you wish.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've never heard of a TWP not being issued once the POE letter has been given. But if you're worried about it and would rather have the TWP in hand before renting your house etc, you don't all need to go - you could just go ahead, get your TWP and then return on the next flight if you wish.
It does happen but you rarely hear about it unless someone posts that this happened to them or someone went crying to the media. Percentage wise it is very very low and most cases involve misrepresentation during the process of varying degrees and involve citizens from certain countries with the UK being NOT one of them.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
you don't all need to go - you could just go ahead, get your TWP and then return on the next flight if you wish.
this is an option i was thinking... are you sure i dont have to quarantine if i can sort out an immediate return flight?
Old Oct 15th 2020, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
UK being NOT one of them.
i am 99% sure nothing would go wrong, given we are british citizens and have a solid profile with no tricky quesitons to answer.
would travel insurance or some sort of other insurance cover in this kind of almost improbable case
Old Oct 16th 2020, 7:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...n-workers.html