Bunac

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

linzee_loulabelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bunac

hey all, anyone got travel pack or at least postcard saying BUNAC have recieved their final forms?
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linzee_loulabelle
hey all, anyone got travel pack or at least postcard saying BUNAC have recieved their final forms?
I haven't sent my work auth form in yet because I'm waiting for the reference to be done, so no.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

well i sent mine off weds so hope to hear something shortly after xmas, im all ready to book flights!!
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

well i sent mine off weds so hope to hear something shortly after xmas, im all ready to book flights!!
They said that they send the first batch of work auth forms off to CHC early Jan and that processing can take up to 6 weeks.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 4:10 pm
menelty

menelty is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a pal in New Brunswick right now who has been travelling around Asia, Australia and has now came to Canada as his girlfriend lives in NB. Can he apply to Bunac from here or does he have to be at home?

Thanks,

michael
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

im afraid he has to apply frm the UK, applications state you must be in UK during application. I know BUNAC send visa apps off to CHC in jan but still dont know if we could get travel pack before or after then?
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

oh i got my postcard today btw guys!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Hi guys,

If any of you are moving to British Columbia, are in IT and want help getting work *once you land* then let me know...I am an IT recruiter based in Vancouver and always happy to help out fellow Brits

Allie
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Allie

Many thanks for the offer of help! I've done temp admin/office work for employment agencies in Vancouver before, in summer 2004 on a previous WHV. I don't have any IT qualifications or background (just the ability to use the standard office IT packages) but I plan to be in Vancouver for a full year from October 07 - what kind of experience do you look for? I'd be more than willing to learn new skills!!!

Thanks,

Adele

Last edited by adele; Dec 29th 2006 at 9:30 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Hi Adele,

You probably wouldn't be able to gain enough experience in IT in that time for me to help you with a consulting job - but I could forward over your resume to my colleagues in OfficeTeam if you like.

Allie
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Bunac

Thanks for the quick reply Allie, I'll be back in touch with the Vancouver agencies nearer the time so I might well take you up on that offer of help! - I think I registered with Office Team last time I was over there too, and in fact I'm registered with them here in the UK as well! But it'll be a case of re-doing the resume and going for it all guns blazing again come next summer!

Thanks again,

Adele x

P.S. How's life in Van going for you? Whereabouts in the West End do you live? I lived on the Downtown/Yaletown border before, and loved the convenience of being so close to everything, I'm sure you agree!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

wow i wish someone could hook me up in TO lol
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:04 am
All BUNAC'd up -> NS

KokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud ofKokiriChild has much to be proud of

wow i wish someone could hook me up in TO lol
Yeah, I don't suppose you have any IT contacts in NS do you, Allie?

- KokiriChild
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

lol - obviously I recommend checking out your local Robert Half Technology office :-) - you can get details at www.rht.com and there's also some good resume writing tips, interview tips and you can request a 2007 salary guide.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by adele
Thanks for the quick reply Allie, I'll be back in touch with the Vancouver agencies nearer the time so I might well take you up on that offer of help! - I think I registered with Office Team last time I was over there too, and in fact I'm registered with them here in the UK as well! But it'll be a case of re-doing the resume and going for it all guns blazing again come next summer!

Thanks again,

Adele x

P.S. How's life in Van going for you? Whereabouts in the West End do you live? I lived on the Downtown/Yaletown border before, and loved the convenience of being so close to everything, I'm sure you agree!
Hi Adele,

I live in a 1930's heritage building 1 block from Lost Lagoon in Stanley Park and 2 blocks from English Bay - it's an awesome location and I can even walk to work which is fantastic! I am probably going to move back to Kitsilano in the New Year though am toying with the North Shore as everyone I know lives over there!

Allie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.