BF date & FBI

Old Nov 26th 2004, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

canseco1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BF date & FBI

Hi, experts.

In the caips note, BF date is given. If any required document is sent before that date, does visa officers review the case immediately even before the date or do they wait until that date? Or can they possibly review it even after the date? I wonder how well the BF date is kept in process.

Also, I have a question on FBI clearance. I sent my FBI clearance when I applied, dated June 2003. Since then, they have never asked for it (IA in April 2004) even though it seems to be expired after 1 year. They only asked for my home country PC in IA. Is it possible that they ask for an updated version now? I stayed in the U.S. until September 2004. I'm concernd about it since it will definitely eat up at least 2 months of time according to other posts. Should I apply for it even though they didn't ask yet?
Old Nov 26th 2004, 7:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BF date & FBI

Hi

Originally Posted by canseco1
Hi, experts.

In the caips note, BF date is given. If any required document is sent before that date, does visa officers review the case immediately even before the date or do they wait until that date? Or can they possibly review it even after the date? I wonder how well the BF date is kept in process.

Also, I have a question on FBI clearance. I sent my FBI clearance when I applied, dated June 2003. Since then, they have never asked for it (IA in April 2004) even though it seems to be expired after 1 year. They only asked for my home country PC in IA. Is it possible that they ask for an updated version now? I stayed in the U.S. until September 2004. I'm concernd about it since it will definitely eat up at least 2 months of time according to other posts. Should I apply for it even though they didn't ask yet?
If a required document is received before the BF date, the file should be forwarded to the officer.

Apply for a new FBI certificate, its worthwhile to spend the $18 as they may ask for an update.

PMM
Old Nov 26th 2004, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

canseco1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BF date & FBI

Thank you for your reply. I will go ahead to apply for a new FBI certificate. Do you have any idea of how common is the case of requesting a FBI certificate late in the process?

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

If a required document is received before the BF date, the file should be forwarded to the officer.

Apply for a new FBI certificate, its worthwhile to spend the $18 as they may ask for an update.

PMM