Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Best bridge to land from Buffalo. Photographs?

Best bridge to land from Buffalo. Photographs?

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough
Default Best bridge to land from Buffalo. Photographs?

I know it's been discussed but I would need up-to-date information about the best bridge to land from Buffalo. Will I need a set of photographs or will they take them at the immigration?
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:08 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Best bridge to land from Buffalo. Photographs?

Originally Posted by bartM
I know it's been discussed but I would need up-to-date information about the best bridge to land from Buffalo. Will I need a set of photographs or will they take them at the immigration?
I don't really know what you mean by 'best bridge'. The closest bridge for me was the Peace Bridge, minutes from downtown Buffalo and then we drove back to Mississauga through Fort Erie. The drive time was about 2 hours or so (though, like good Canadians, we stopped for Tim Hortons along the way).

When you go over the Peace Bridge and turn the corner after clearing customs, you will see the HSBC building, the tallest in Buffalo and you just can't miss it. It is about 8 miles away, not far at all.

Yes, you must take the photographs with you. They will ask you for them upfront in the morning when you drop your passport off.

Good luck, the day I went for my stamping it was absolutely freezing with some of the worst wind chill I have endured. It was a good day though, very satisfying, enjoy your day.

Ozinca
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Best bridge to land from Buffalo. Photographs?

Thanks a ton Ozinca! I swear, CIC has already like 20 of my photos. I sometimes wonder what they do with them...

Originally Posted by ozinca
I don't really know what you mean by 'best bridge'. The closest bridge for me was the Peace Bridge, minutes from downtown Buffalo and then we drove back to Mississauga through Fort Erie. The drive time was about 2 hours or so (though, like good Canadians, we stopped for Tim Hortons along the way).

When you go over the Peace Bridge and turn the corner after clearing customs, you will see the HSBC building, the tallest in Buffalo and you just can't miss it. It is about 8 miles away, not far at all.

Yes, you must take the photographs with you. They will ask you for them upfront in the morning when you drop your passport off.

Good luck, the day I went for my stamping it was absolutely freezing with some of the worst wind chill I have endured. It was a good day though, very satisfying, enjoy your day.

Ozinca