British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Best Birthday present: Medical Requests!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/best-birthday-present-medical-requests-599336/)

DESERTFOX Mar 23rd 2009 12:02 pm

Best Birthday present: Medical Requests!!!

Hi all,

I've never expected it today but brown envelope has dropped on our letter box today from CIC containing our medical requests.:D

I am extemely happy and delighted.:) It's my birthday tomorrow and it could be my best present. I was not planning for a big party as we are only having a low key family dinner out tomorrow and wait till everything has been sorted out and big farewell party I guess;)

Medical Exam already book this Thursday 26/03/09 in Newcastle and hope you wish us well guys:)

kazbob Mar 23rd 2009 12:11 pm

Re: Best Birthday present: Medical Requests!!!

Originally Posted by DESERTFOX (Post 7409696)
Hi all,

I've never expected it today but brown envelope has dropped on our letter box today from CIC containing our medical requests.:D

I am extemely happy and delighted.:) It's my birthday tomorrow and it could be my best present. I was not planning for a big party as we are only having a low key family dinner out tomorrow and wait till everything has been sorted out and big farewell party I guess;)

Medical Exam already book this Thursday 26/03/09 in Newcastle and hope you wish us well guys:)

Another One! Congratulations.

Am deffo hoping to see something this week then.

Well done for getting your meds booked so soon.

Karen :thumbsup:

meland123 Mar 23rd 2009 12:15 pm

Hi all,

yeh,congratulations!!!! Good luck with the medicals.

LynseySmith Mar 23rd 2009 12:59 pm

How fab! What a great birthday gift :thumbsup: Snap - got ours today too, dated 19/3.

I know what how difficult it is thinking of birthdays and the likes when you've got so much going on!!!
L :)

Sleeping_Beauty45 Mar 23rd 2009 1:23 pm

Wow congratulations that didn't take long at all - two weeks today since they received your application isn't it?

Fabulous news.

LISABOB Mar 23rd 2009 1:27 pm

Wow congratulations, its also my birthday tomorrow so lets hope something good happens for me to.

Happy birthday for tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Lisa

LorraineG Mar 23rd 2009 2:36 pm

Congratulations, great news and happy birthday for tomorrow!
Lorraine G.

mayersanna Mar 23rd 2009 2:45 pm

Well done :thumbsup: and Happy birthday for tomorrow. :cake:

deenailz Mar 23rd 2009 2:57 pm

wow that is great , and hope you have a lovely birthday tomoro x

DESERTFOX Mar 23rd 2009 3:48 pm

Thank you very much for all your well wishes guys. It has been a very unpredictable and stressful 4 weeks for us and to have received our med. requests a day before my b-day is just an excellent news. I hope and pray for all of you guys who are also waiting that you'll hear good news this week!

DESERTFOX Mar 23rd 2009 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45 (Post 7409880)
Wow congratulations that didn't take long at all - two weeks today since they received your application isn't it?

Fabulous news.

Hi SLB,

That's right it was 2 weeks today since they've received my application. I didn't expect that but I would never complain in a million years;)

I'm sure you'll get yours soon as well. Goodluck!

Trophy Mar 23rd 2009 4:53 pm

Great news and good luck with the meds.
Happy Birthday also

Mandy & Kev

Sleeping_Beauty45 Mar 23rd 2009 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by DESERTFOX (Post 7410239)
Hi SLB,

That's right it was 2 weeks today since they've received my application. I didn't expect that but I would never complain in a million years;)

I'm sure you'll get yours soon as well. Goodluck!

Thank you. TBH right now I could do with it taking a few weeks longer, we had a big side ball thrown at us last week and just need a few weeks to get ourselves together again. I am sure though ours will take much longer as we are have applied under a completely different route.

Have a fabulous birthday but don't drink too much you don't want the hangover from hell for your medical!!

Keep us posted on how it all progresses, I'll be keeping my eyes out.

snoopdawg Mar 23rd 2009 7:08 pm

Congrats- :thumbsup: that was amazingly quick, I've sent our documents today , I hope they are as quick with us. Out of interest, are your kids needing medicals as well? I thought it would be just OH and me as both GPs but Healthmatch said the kids might need them as well because we should get a TWP for 3 years.

kmcguinness Mar 23rd 2009 7:24 pm

Hi all,

Blimey DF,

thats fantastic and very quick. i'm so pleased, as you know we have been keeping an eye on each others progress.

i am hoping ours are just as quick.

hope the meds go well, look forward to seeing how long it takes from then on for you

well done, enjoy your meal

kae