Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Being promoted while on an employer specific work permit

Being promoted while on an employer specific work permit

Old Aug 24th 2019, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of
Default Being promoted while on an employer specific work permit

Hi all,

I'm currently in canada working as a restaurant manager on an employer specific TWP supported by a PNP. My employer is a restaurant group that owns a couple of dozen pubs, however my work permit is specific to one particular pub.

recently the group sold one of its pubs, and part of the sale agreement was that they would provide management staff for the first 6 months to smooth the transition and teach the new owner the ropes.

the pub group wants to promote me to a kind of regional position, and have me oversee the transition of the other pub to its new owner, so although I would remain employed by the same group, my work location and salary would change.

is it possible for me to accept the promotion or will that jeopardize my PR application? I plan to apply for PR under the Canadian experience class in February once I've been living here as employed by this employer 12 months.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Sam