BC PNP Route

Old Jan 19th 2023, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

mdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BC PNP Route

Hi All,

Just a quick one: It is possible to apply for a PNP whilst domiciled in the UK isn't it? There's nothing in the guidebook to say that it's not the case but everyone I've ever seen/read about that has applied for provincial nomination has always already been living/working in Canada on another vis (IEC, Study etc). I just want to check as this is the route I want to take.

Cheers,
Michael
Old Jan 19th 2023, 12:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC PNP Route

Depends, which stream? Some require you to already be there working, some don't.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

mdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond reputemdonald1987 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Depends, which stream? Some require you to already be there working, some don't.
It's for the Skills Immigration Healthcare Professionals route. I've read the Program Guide and it doesn't specifically state in the requirements section that you must be living/working already in BC. I've contacted Healthmatch BC whom support internationally educated nurses to find employment in BC, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 12:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdonald1987
It's for the Skills Immigration Healthcare Professionals route. I've read the Program Guide and it doesn't specifically state in the requirements section that you must be living/working already in BC. I've contacted Healthmatch BC whom support internationally educated nurses to find employment in BC, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
OK, then no, no need to be there already.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

OK, then no, no need to be there already.
That's great, thanks! I thought so, but then had a panic when reading something this morning. I've been so busy thinking about how to help my Wife to register with the nursing college there that I haven't put much thought in to the visa route.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 12:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

That's great, thanks! I thought so, but then had a panic when reading something this morning. I've been so busy thinking about how to help my Wife to register with the nursing college there that I haven't put much thought in to the visa route.
A job offer is required, but no need to actually be working in the job before being eligible to apply. And then when you actually apply for PR you may be there working already, simply because most employers don't want to wait for you to get PR before starting!
Old Jan 19th 2023, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

A job offer is required, but no need to actually be working in the job before being eligible to apply. And then when you actually apply for PR you may be there working already, simply because most employers don't want to wait for you to get PR before starting!
I hadn't even considered that! I'd assumed we'd get a job offer (easier said than done, I know) and then wait for PR. But you think there'll be a route to move and start working there before we get PR? Is that because we'd have a job offer, which would give us the points we need via EE?
Old Jan 19th 2023, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I hadn't even considered that! I'd assumed we'd get a job offer (easier said than done, I know) and then wait for PR. But you think there'll be a route to move and start working there before we get PR? Is that because we'd have a job offer, which would give us the points we need via EE?
You won't need a job offer to get points, as you'll have provincial nomination which will give you 600 points.

And once you have the nomination, you can then get a work permit support letter, and a work permit. Very few employers would be prepared to wait until you have PR, so you'll move on the work permit first.
Old Jan 19th 2023, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

You won't need a job offer to get points, as you'll have provincial nomination which will give you 600 points.

And once you have the nomination, you can then get a work permit support letter, and a work permit. Very few employers would be prepared to wait until you have PR, so you'll move on the work permit first.
Ah, of course. I think I was conflating provincial nomination with a visa. So potentially, my eta in Canada could be brought forward 3-6 months, depending on the processing times for PR at the time? Good to know!
Old Feb 2nd 2023, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, of course. I think I was conflating provincial nomination with a visa. So potentially, my eta in Canada could be brought forward 3-6 months, depending on the processing times for PR at the time? Good to know!
Im a GP in BC and my process was get the OK from the college via Healthmatch, get a job offer that then had to get certified as a role that an immigrant was needed as no canadian had applied for it.

Once we had that letter the PNP process was very quick and the PNP certificate is the ticket to getting a work permit ( we got 2 years) I was advised to be careful on timings as the certificate expires after I think 6 months and you also need it to apply for PR and there was a delay then between posting off the application and IRCC opening the package

Also for note if you want to work in Healthcare in BC we still have a vaccine mandate in place with no sign of it changing so if you want to get licensed you need to be Covid vaccinated
Old Feb 5th 2023, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Richb1970
Im a GP in BC and my process was get the OK from the college via Healthmatch, get a job offer that then had to get certified as a role that an immigrant was needed as no canadian had applied for it.

Once we had that letter the PNP process was very quick and the PNP certificate is the ticket to getting a work permit ( we got 2 years) I was advised to be careful on timings as the certificate expires after I think 6 months and you also need it to apply for PR and there was a delay then between posting off the application and IRCC opening the package

Also for note if you want to work in Healthcare in BC we still have a vaccine mandate in place with no sign of it changing so if you want to get licensed you need to be Covid vaccinated
Thanks, Rich.

Given that the PNP Healthcare route has been created to fill the shortage of key workers, I’m surprised you had to get it certified that no other Canadian could do the job (like an LMIA I assume?). Wonder if that’s the same for nurses?

We’re attending a Healthmatch workshop in Manchester in a few weeks, so I have it’s of questions for them!