Basic level of French?

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

vaughant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Basic level of French?

I've only done a dummy online points test and although I was well inside the 67 points,I did put down a basic level of French in the language section along with a full level of English.

Having read a few threads on here it may seem that it's not cut and dried what I THINK a good understanding of English maybe, but the ielts board will decide that instead.

Now,my level of French is a grade c at gcse which I took in 1992 ( yes it was a long time ago!!).

I can understand basics such as my name,location,how old I am,how I'm feeling etc but I'm not sure if that's as basic as they want?I could drop that section on the form if need be plus I'm on "the list" but I just think the more points the better provided I won't catch myself out?i'd have no problem brushing up on my language skills to assist in intergrating but there's no point me flogging a dead horse if they expect me to have a full froggy conversation with someone about the state of the economy etc rather than "bonjour,je'mapple Vaughan j'habite a pennard!!!" etc!!

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:37 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Basic level of French?

If you are claiming points for French you will have to sit the TEF as proof

From what I've heard basic is about equivalent to French A level
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

heyram009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

To apply CSQ, French intermediate skills is mandatory. Even though you get 67 points, they will expect your french skills in intermediate level.

If you send a CSQ application with TEFAQ (intermediate)certificate, they may provide you a CSQ certificate without calling you for an interview.

I know french in basic level only. I had been called for an interview and validated my french level. After they given one year to show my french proficiency in intermediate level.

Please see the below link for further details.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...42#post8761842

Thanks.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

vaughant is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,think I'll give it a miss!!!if it was life or death maybe but I'm pretty sure I'm well in spec anyway!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

hamidgamal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vaughant
Thanks,think I'll give it a miss!!!if it was life or death maybe but I'm pretty sure I'm well in spec anyway!!!
HI can some advice me please what is the English requirements or the CSQ certificate , i have done IELTS and my score in listening was 6.5 speaking 7.0 will that rsult give me full mark in English. Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:56 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by hamidgamal
HI can some advice me please what is the English requirements or the CSQ certificate , i have done IELTS and my score in listening was 6.5 speaking 7.0 will that rsult give me full mark in English. Thanks
No, you have to check all 4 scores. see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf page 9. You would get 4 points for speaking but only 2 for listening.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

hamidgamal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No, you have to check all 4 scores. see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf page 9. You would get 4 points for speaking but only 2 for listening.
I meant for Quebec immigration program not for Canada immigration program .
will these score give me 3 points in each section.