Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bank A/C Type - Does it matter for Proof of Funds with Application-experts pl. advise

Bank A/C Type - Does it matter for Proof of Funds with Application-experts pl. advise

Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:08 am
Banned

nathan_1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank A/C Type - Does it matter for Proof of Funds with Application-experts pl. advise

I have a Checking account in US bank and planning to submit bank letter detailing the current balance in this account towards proof of funds while submitting the application.

Does it really matter on what type of account we show for proof of funds?

As I have all the money in my Checking account, is it a issue as it might reflect that I might take this money at any time. Instead, should I transfer the money in to a term deposit (for the CIC stipulated amount)/Savings account and then get Bank letter for the application.

I was not sure whether this query is truely out of me being paranoid and worrying too much on trivial things. But, I thought it's worth checking with the experts before submitting the application.

Experts, Please advise.

Thanks very much.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:15 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bank A/C Type - Does it matter for Proof of Funds with Application-experts pl. advise

Originally Posted by nathan_1972
I have a Checking account in US bank and planning to submit bank letter detailing the current balance in this account towards proof of funds while submitting the application.

Does it really matter on what type of account we show for proof of funds?

As I have all the money in my Checking account, is it a issue as it might reflect that I might take this money at any time. Instead, should I transfer the money in to a term deposit (for the CIC stipulated amount)/Savings account and then get Bank letter for the application.

I was not sure whether this query is truely out of me being paranoid and worrying too much on trivial things. But, I thought it's worth checking with the experts before submitting the application.

Experts, Please advise.

Thanks very much.
When I sent my application, all my money was in my checking account. So I don't think this is a problem. Atleast it wasn't for me!