Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

background declaration - how much info?

background declaration - how much info?

Old May 13th 2009, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

cheetah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default background declaration - how much info?

hi all,

re: question 11
i took a year out and travelled in 2004. on the form i was going to just write the to and from dates for the whole year and then list the countries i went to.

however, it asks for city or town and country - do i have to list every town or city and then separate dates for each visit? this will be a real nightmare as i can't remember every little town i went to all over the world in that period.

any advice appreciated!

thanks.
Old May 13th 2009, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: background declaration - how much info?

Originally Posted by cheetah
hi all,

i took a year out and travelled in 2004. on the form i was going to just write the to and from dates for the whole year and then list the countries i went to.

however, it asks for city or town and country - do i have to list every town or city and then separate dates for each visit? this will be a real nightmare as i can't remember every little town i went to all over the world in that period.

any advice appreciated!

thanks.
Strictly speaking I would say yes but if you explain the areas that you travelled through in a covering letter to Immigration then if they have any other questions then they could ask.

do you have any photos of your trip ? A great reminder of places visited
Old May 13th 2009, 7:45 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

any advice appreciated!

thanks.
When we applied we just counted the year out as a holiday and just left my UK address as my parents place for that year, and under work experience left it as unemployed - year out travelling. Unless you're in a country for more than 6 mths then no police certs are required.
Old May 14th 2009, 11:10 am
Banned

irishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to all

hi all,

any advice appreciated!

thanks.
When we were filling in this form I was in a right panic, there was no way that I could remember everywhere we had travelled to. I phoned my Immigration Officer in Halifax and she told me to just put down what I rememberd and not to worry about it. She explained that they need the info, so they can just get an idea of what travelling habits you have had.
So what I did was put down the trips in Europe that I could remember and any ones outside of Europe. The name of the City where the airport was and the Country.
Something that I thought was going to take me hours to do, just took 10 mins

Don't worry too much about remembering presise dates.

good luck, hope this helps!