British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   background declaration - how much info? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/background-declaration-how-much-info-608918/)

cheetah May 13th 2009 4:49 pm

background declaration - how much info?

hi all,

re: question 11
i took a year out and travelled in 2004. on the form i was going to just write the to and from dates for the whole year and then list the countries i went to.

however, it asks for city or town and country - do i have to list every town or city and then separate dates for each visit? this will be a real nightmare as i can't remember every little town i went to all over the world in that period.

any advice appreciated!

thanks.

burton bunch May 13th 2009 7:01 pm

Re: background declaration - how much info?

Originally Posted by cheetah (Post 7568673)
hi all,

i took a year out and travelled in 2004. on the form i was going to just write the to and from dates for the whole year and then list the countries i went to.

however, it asks for city or town and country - do i have to list every town or city and then separate dates for each visit? this will be a real nightmare as i can't remember every little town i went to all over the world in that period.

any advice appreciated!

thanks.

Strictly speaking I would say yes but if you explain the areas that you travelled through in a covering letter to Immigration then if they have any other questions then they could ask.

do you have any photos of your trip ? A great reminder of places visited

Rob_999 May 13th 2009 7:45 pm

hi all,

any advice appreciated!

thanks.

When we applied we just counted the year out as a holiday and just left my UK address as my parents place for that year, and under work experience left it as unemployed - year out travelling. Unless you're in a country for more than 6 mths then no police certs are required.

irishsamx May 14th 2009 11:10 am

hi all,

any advice appreciated!

thanks.

When we were filling in this form I was in a right panic,:eek: there was no way that I could remember everywhere we had travelled to. I phoned my Immigration Officer in Halifax and she told me to just put down what I rememberd and not to worry about it. She explained that they need the info, so they can just get an idea of what travelling habits you have had.
So what I did was put down the trips in Europe that I could remember and any ones outside of Europe. The name of the City where the airport was and the Country.
Something that I thought was going to take me hours to do, just took 10 mins:thumbsup:

Don't worry too much about remembering presise dates.

good luck, hope this helps!