Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Average processing times updated today on CIC website

Average processing times updated today on CIC website

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Average processing times updated today on CIC website

Hi guys,

I've downloaded this spreadsheet and had a look at this and the thing is the data seems to be from June 2010 to July 2011 - not January 2011 to date. Until January/Feb 2011 London visa office hadn't even received any post-June (MI-2) applications, so from June 2010 until maybe April 2011 any approvals would have been pre-June-2010 applications anyway.

So really I am guessing there's probably only 2 months worth of potential MI-2 approvals in those figures. The MI-1 visas issued were 1109 (or cases passed, at any rate - I imagine cases passed is when they have "decision made" but the visas are when they actually stick the sticker in the passport).

So I think from July 2011 they'd have issued a much higher % of MI-2 visas.

Just guesswork of course but that's my 2 cents!

Wayne.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by helcat12
I'd close the useless telephone line and use that money for this.
It doesn't take a genius to realise that for the purposes of immigration, having a telephone line that can only be accessed once you are within the country you wish to immigrate to has a very limited value.

Couple that with the fact that the staff are very poorly informed and you have a waste of money that needs to be ditched.

What was wrong with the old tool? They spent time and money on the new one and it didn't work properly and adds nothing to the information over the old one.
Waste of time and money.

It is amazing what a proper IT professional can do in a short space of time and the ease with which a properly constructed system can be managed.
They need to work smarter, not harder.

IMHO CIC has gone the way of most large and unwieldy publicly funded organisations.
They are using outdated systems which are ridiculously paper-orientated and slow, they have no proper QC, their internal and external communication is poor, their updates are poorly thought out, their different VO locations are all employing different processing procedures with varying degrees of efficiency and they are always playing catch-up to political decision-making which isn't considering the impact of that change.

If this was a company, it would be a recipe for disaster.

Why can some VOs can get their times down while others are in trouble with rising backlogs?
If I was an area manager and these were my branches, I would be looking very closely at those offices and seeing what they are doing differently and transfer best practice.

CIC might be doing the best they can but it clearly isn't working and if they don't do something soon they will have a backlog in certain countries which is a significant deterrent to immigrants and so skews their immigration profile.
Good candidates will just go elsewhere and the Canadian economy which by all accounts increasingly needs skilled workers will begin to suffer.
Hi Helcat,

Yeah IT seems to be a needed skill in the ecconomy but not one implemented in government. I am sorry but MIS is a basic and totally failed aspect of the system and the source for 90% of the frustration of being in an information void.

If this were any decent private sector UK project we would have kicked the **** out of this years ago and long since had a functional system in at a fraction of the money wasted.

But maybe it is just politics, domestic, pr, and the cynics goal of de-passioning the immigrant politically to join the herds of domestic sheep to maintain the status quo. How many of us still have the passion to really care after this process? I have lived in Canada and witnessed the domestic disalusinment and endless elections, votes of no confidence, maneuvering and paroging. A jaded person could be forgiven that the system perpetuates to erase belief in making a beter country and for masses of ostriches and dynasties to remain un-challenged.

I am sorry, but I challenge anyone on this site or within Canada to defend how this situation can not be streamlined, made more efficient and better dissemination of information achieved. The people that they need to make this happen are in the queue, but maybe we simply believe in Canada too much currently, and that people have embraced the UK oligarc of bureaucracy that jobs for the boys is more important than the private sector that actually generates GDP.

Rant off />

Last edited by BenB2; Nov 22nd 2011 at 11:57 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:47 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenB2
Hi Helcat,

Yeah IT seems to be a needed skill in the ecconomy but not one implemented in government. I am sorry but MIS is a basic and totally failed aspect of the system and the source for 90% of the frustration of being in an information void.

If this were any decent private sector UK project we would have kicked the **** out of this years ago and long since had a functional system in at a fraction of the money wasted.

But maybe it is just politics, domestic, pr, and the cynics goal of de-passioning the immigrant politically to join the herds of domestic sheep to maintain the status quo. How many of us still have the passion to really care after this process? I have lived in Canada and witnessed the domestic disalusinment and endless elections, votes of no confidence, maneuvering and paroging. A jaded person could be forgiven that the system perpetuates to erase belief in making a beter country and for masses of ostriches and dynasties to remain un-challenged.

I am sorry, but I challenge anyone on this site or within Canada to defend how this situation can not be streamlined, made more efficient and better dissemination of information achieved. The people that they need to make this happen are in the queue, but maybe we simply believe in Canada too much currently, and that people have embraced the UK oligarc of bureaucracy that jobs for the boys is more important than the private sector that actually generates GDP.

Rant off />
Politics is to blame IMHO.
We as immigrants (or potential immigrants) are of no consequence politically since we do not have a vote.
Now we personally are in Canada, we get to see what the political rhetoric is on the immigration issue and all i can say is it is a load of b******s, bearing no relation to the truth of what is happening for applicants at all.

Canadians we know through work and socially always ask what is happening, how we found the process etc and they are never anything less than appalled to hear we are still waiting for a decision on our PR 15 months after applying. They all know we got a job here legally and without disadvantaging any Canadian and that we are a respectable, hard-working professional couple with good education, financially stable and keen to settle and integrate here so they are disgusted when they find out we have not yet been accepted.

The rhetoric is mostly lies or at least statistical manipulation of the truth to present what they want the public to see.
There is no reason to actually make the system any better because it is too long term a project for politicians to want to take on, will cost money to change and will not gain any votes.

But then that is politics, isn't it?
Old Feb 1st 2012, 8:28 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

For what ever it is worth!

Latest update released today FSW through London

Last quarterly update: January 23, 2012

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...killed-fed.asp

London - United Kingdom - average processing time for FSW
60 months for applications received BEFORE February 27, 2008
27 months for applications received BETWEEN November 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:31 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mac2
For what ever it is worth!

Latest update released today FSW through London

Last quarterly update: January 23, 2012

London - United Kingdom - average processing time for FSW
60 months for applications received BEFORE February 27, 2008
27 months for applications received BETWEEN November 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010
Still nothing for post-June 26th 2010?
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Come on, Helcat, they've only had 7 months to start publishing 2010-2011 timelines, you can't expect miracles. Give 'em until 2013/2014 and I reckon the figures will start trickling through.....
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:40 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Waggle
Come on, Helcat, they've only had 7 months to start publishing 2010-2011 timelines, you can't expect miracles. Give 'em until 2013/2014 and I reckon the figures will start trickling through.....
Hmmmm - I think that they are just embarrassed to post anything, having bigged up all the improvements they are supposed to have made

Anyway, off to see if our passports with visas have arrived
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hmmmm - I think that they are just embarrassed to post anything, having bigged up all the improvements they are supposed to have made

Anyway, off to see if our passports with visas have arrived
Ok fingers crossed for you!
Wayne.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 8:16 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Have you looked at Open Data? http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=F9B7A1E3-1

The processing times are the actual up to 30/09/11.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 5:55 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

For what its worth - CIC have updated the average processing times on their web site.

London FSW is now 65 Months for pre feb 2008's and 29 months for Mi1's Feb 2008 to June 2010
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 7:56 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Mac2
For what its worth - CIC have updated the average processing times on their web site.

London FSW is now 65 Months for pre feb 2008's and 29 months for Mi1's Feb 2008 to June 2010

Well you can probably ignore the pre-Feb/08s as when C-38 is proclaimed about 90% of them will be returned and the fees refunded.