Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Average processing times updated today on CIC website

Average processing times updated today on CIC website

Old May 20th 2011, 3:32 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road
Default Average processing times updated today on CIC website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...killed-fed.asp

Last quarterly update: April 27, 2011

London - United Kingdom - average processing time for FSW
49 months for applications received BEFORE February 27, 2008
16 months for applications received BETWEEN November 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010
Old May 20th 2011, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice
Default Re: Average processing times updated today on CIC website

Sounds about right to me, to CIC for updating the times like this, is it me or are they (slowly) getting better communication wise.
Old May 20th 2011, 3:45 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Sounds about right to me, to CIC for updating the times like this, is it me or are they (slowly) getting better communication wise.
Quote:- is it me or are they (slowly) getting better communication wise.

They do this once a quarter on the web site with a months delay. So nothing new there.

ROTFLMAO!
Old May 22nd 2011, 5:24 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mac2

Last quarterly update: April 27, 2011

49 months for applications received BEFORE February 27, 2008
16 months for applications received BETWEEN November 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010
Would you say this 16 month time scale is from;

* the date someone first sends their application in (i.e. Feb '10 for me)
* the date they send the 120 day e-mail (i.e April '10)
* the date you send your full app in (August '10)
* the date of the AOR (Sept '10)

Katie
Old May 22nd 2011, 5:25 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Would you say this 16 month time scale is from;

* the date someone first sends their application in (i.e. Feb '10 for me)
* the date they send the 120 day e-mail (i.e April '10)
* the date you send your full app in (August '10)
* the date of the AOR (Sept '10)

Katie
Unfortunately the AOR date.
Old May 22nd 2011, 5:53 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I agree

AOR date.

In our case... we were pre June 2010 applicants. AOR August 2010 so not expecting the process to be completed until end Dec 2011. Given that we were not planning on moving until then it's no big blow. End of Dec early 2012 will be OK with us as it suits our plans.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 6:56 pm
Permanent Residents

Latest update released today August 2nd, 2011 for:-

Last quarterly update: July 26, 2011

53 months for applications received BEFORE February 27, 2008
20 months for applications received BETWEEN November 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

53 months!!..thats an embarrassing statistic
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Anyone have a rough idea how long PNP takes as am very p****d off at a further extension in processing times! Have got a job offer and LMO and about to apply for TWP through London as I need medical for job.

Our lawyer has advised us to go PNP once we are in Canada as FSW are taking ages and he thinks we'll get PR through PNP route before our FSW application is processed.

Anyone with any real experience of this in NS? Feel like telling them to stuff it at the moment, so much resting on getting to Canada this year, kids education mainly. If we hadn't invested so much time, money and dreams on this venture we'd probably throw the towel in.

Any advice gratefully received.

Tracy
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 7:38 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by tracys
Anyone have a rough idea how long PNP takes as am very p****d off at a further extension in processing times! Have got a job offer and LMO and about to apply for TWP through London as I need medical for job.

Our lawyer has advised us to go PNP once we are in Canada as FSW are taking ages and he thinks we'll get PR through PNP route before our FSW application is processed.

Anyone with any real experience of this in NS? Feel like telling them to stuff it at the moment, so much resting on getting to Canada this year, kids education mainly. If we hadn't invested so much time, money and dreams on this venture we'd probably throw the towel in.

Any advice gratefully received.

Tracy
London is showing as 13 months for PNP
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...provincial.asp
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

London is showing as 13 months for PNP
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...provincial.asp
Thanks Mac2, couldn't find it on CIC site when I looked earlier although I have in the past Prob cos I'm so mad

If we apply while in Canada through NS PNP does it still go through London? (If we actually ever get there that is!)

Tracy
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 7:44 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Latest update released today August 2nd, 2011 for:-

Last quarterly update: July 26, 2011

53 months for applications received BEFORE February 27, 2008
20 months for applications received BETWEEN November 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010
So, for previous years applications the time scales are creeping up and up, despite the cuts in the Cat 1 intake in 2010 and now the halving again of the intake in the 2011-12 period.
I know they are giving newer applications priority but even so, they should be able to make some ground on the backlog due to the reduced intake, but it seems they are not.
And why still no processing time for post June 2010 when there have been applications processed to Visa issue during this time?
What the Hell are London VO doing?
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 8:19 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by helcat12
So, for previous years applications the time scales are creeping up and up, despite the cuts in the Cat 1 intake in 2010 and now the halving again of the intake in the 2011-12 period.
I know they are giving newer applications priority but even so, they should be able to make some ground on the backlog due to the reduced intake, but it seems they are not.
And why still no processing time for post June 2010 when there have been applications processed to Visa issue during this time?
What the Hell are London VO doing?
From what I understand they are processing all the post June 25th 2010 applications first, then they are processing the Pakistan applications feb 2008 - June 24th 2010 until there is parity on the AOR dates with the British applicants which is somewhere about April 2010. Only then are they turning back to us and when this will happen who knows and is based entirely upon the number of Pakistan apps in London waiting. As Spaceace said this is an absolute embarrassment given their press releases about speeding up the immigration process! We are completely FO'd about it all. Doesn't give you a good feeling about the Canadian Government at all! But then ours it crap as well.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 8:55 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand they are processing all the post June 25th 2010 applications first, then they are processing the Pakistan applications feb 2008 - June 24th 2010 until there is parity on the AOR dates with the British applicants which is somewhere about April 2010. Only then are they turning back to us and when this will happen who knows and is based entirely upon the number of Pakistan apps in London waiting. As Spaceace said this is an absolute embarrassment given their press releases about speeding up the immigration process! We are completely FO'd about it all. Doesn't give you a good feeling about the Canadian Government at all! But then ours it crap as well.
I do not believe anything London say any more.
As for Pakistan, the post June 2010 Islamabad applications are getting processed faster than UK citizens at the moment by quite a long distance, so that is not even true. The canadavisa spreadsheet and forum has enough evidence of that to prove the case.
As for post June 26th 2010 applications getting priority, I have seen several instances of pre June 2010 applicants getting their meds and Visas since we applied and we are Cat 2, which at the time of applying was quoting 6 months for processing on the London website and it has taken them 4 months just to get us to IN PROCESS on ECAS.
They now refuse to give an average processing time for FSW post June 26th 2010 and yet they say that they won't answer any Case specific enquiries until after the average processing time has been exceeded! How can you tell when there isn't a timescale quoted?
There is clearly something seriously wrong with their operating systems and work practices when VOs such as Manila and New Delhi are ripping through their FSW applications, despite happily answering people's queries by e-mail and telephone with courtesy and clarity, while London keeps its doors firmly closed to queries of any sort, even refusing to acknowledge receipt of documents or updates they have requested and yet still cannot get through their workload efficiently.
Somebody up there needs to be getting their performance related bonuses withheld until they can tidy up their act.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:12 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracys
Thanks Mac2, couldn't find it on CIC site when I looked earlier although I have in the past Prob cos I'm so mad

If we apply while in Canada through NS PNP does it still go through London? (If we actually ever get there that is!)

Tracy
yes you still go through London, although I believe there is a time limit of 1 year if you have been in NS at the time of applying, for the PR part, that your application may end up going to Buffalo which takes a lot longer than London, need to apply for PR as soon as you are able

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.