Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Average processing times updated today on CIC website

Average processing times updated today on CIC website

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 11:56 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Average processing times updated today on CIC website

Originally Posted by Moondoggy
Yeah, I have always thought that the way they do some stuff is unfair, wrong and downright unsympathetic to the applicants.

I've said it before, but if the CIC they were a business they wouldn't get away with some of the stuff they do. You gotta remember also that for all applications you pay a fee, which in the business world would normally constituate a level of quality and customer service. They would have gone out of business long ago or been told to clean their act up by industry regulators if this was the private sector....

Poor service.
True and if this could all be explained by the fact that they were doing the best thing for Canada then that would be completely understandable.

But here in B.C I have had nothing but people saying, quite unprompted, that they think the immigration system is rubbish and does not bring the right people to Canada.

Employers like my husband's employer are frustrated at the time taken to get the staff they want over to fill posts they cannot fill from within Canada. They sometimes have to go through the LMO thing twice, which does not please them as it might not cost to apply but the time and money spent advertising does cost and it is unnecessary.

The whole thing is not delivering to Canadians, Canadian businesses or applicants and seems not to be attracting the right people anyway.

Now the only people who really seem to be prepared to wait for Canada are those in countries where their quality of life is poor and bizarrely they are the ones who are getting some of the quickest processing times.

These applicants have often applied for other Westernised countries and been rejected or apply concurrently to all of them (especially Canada and Australia, since the US immigration is too strict for them).

The levels of fraudulent applications is especially high on the Indian sub-continent, yet their processing time is half of that in London.

It doesn't make any sense at all.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:04 am
Just Joined

surroundsaund is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that summarised it nicely.

What is the shortage out there that our 'middle class' application is being delayed.

My wife - science and research - and I - IT - are in over-supply, then I can potentially understand the situation. No point burdening an economy with too many of the same able bodied people.

However, and I'm going by gut feel here, I have a strong feeling that there isnt this level of thought put into processing applications. I still think there are a bunch of muppets running the back office.

@Helcat, Ha ha, I would keel over if money was refunded - heck, even considered. You have to enjoy a good larf!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Moondoggy is an unknown quantity at this point

It's downright scandelous, some of the stuff I have been hearing and reading about the CIC recently...

They need to operate much more transparently, else how is anyone going to be able to put faith into them to do what they are supposed to be doing?
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:22 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surroundsaund
Well that's it for me. Looks like it may be time to call it a day for me.

Applied in Sept 07 through Abrams and Krochak. Fairly uneventful getting the papers and the like through. Then the wait started. And it went on and on and on. Over 4 years later and several futile attempts to accelerate my application and I’m still in purgatory.

The wife and I gave up waiting and started family planning (got a little one and are planning for one more). We’ve been saving and have been extremely diligent about expenses for when (if??) we move (no holiday in 4 years).

The town where we live is slowly being infested by less than likeable folks and we’ve been deliberating moving (within UK) but then we question the expense. If we move within the UK, we’re going to forget about Canada. I’m finding it hard to justify having to go through the sheer effort of moving house in the UK and then having to do it again – to another country no less.

I expect the processing times won’t improve, I’m at the end of my tether, got a nice pot of money saved up and could happily find a nice home without putting the family through a ‘what could be’

Really disappointed in the with the whole process, gutted to have shelled out and paid A&K, such a shame they have a bunch of muppets running the application process in London.

Sorry – I just had to get that out of my system.
I assume you have looked at finding a job here and moving out that way? If you did, dependent on which part of Canada you move to, you could be able to apply through that Province's PNP route and get PR much faster.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:30 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I assume you have looked at finding a job here and moving out that way? If you did, dependent on which part of Canada you move to, you could be able to apply through that Province's PNP route and get PR much faster.
Yes and with IT in Vancouver area it is a potential winner.

My OH did just that, but unfortunately we were advised to apply through FSW Cat 2, which at the time was quoting 6 months at London VO (and if you look on their website, it still is!!).

Obviously, had they been more honest about their timelines then we would have gone for BCPNP stream.

To surroundsaund -
Give it a whirl - do a bit of research and then come out for a fortnight and see what you can pick up!
Companies round here are hiring
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:34 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12

My OH did just that, but unfortunately we were advised to apply through FSW Cat 2, which at the time was quoting 6 months at London VO (and if you look on their website, it still is!!).

Obviously, had they been more honest about their timelines then we would have gone for BCPNP stream.

To surroundsaund -
Give it a whirl - do a bit of research and then come out for a fortnight and see what you can pick up!
Can you not still apply through BCPNP Helcat?
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:47 pm
Island life at last

Can you not still apply through BCPNP Helcat?
I suppose we could but then you know how it is;
every time you consider it, something happens. They throw you a crumb and you think it is all going to be over soon and then the wait goes on.

We had to renew my OH's LMO back in July and once he had that and got a TWP for two years, it seemed silly to go for PNP as others just ahead of us in timeline were getting requests for updated Police checks and Med requests.
We expected to be next.

Eventually we got the Police check requests but not meds as well.
Why we were not given meds at the same time like other applicants I do not know.

We have now made the move and paid all the money for container and cats and car and all that, so we have now accepted the wait.

It would be ridiculous to think that PR for Cat 2 from our stage (15 months in now and awaiting med requests) could take the next two years, but then who knows.

If in spring 2013 we are still not PR, then we will apply through BC PNP but I hope to Heaven that we are not still waiting by then....
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

I've got a PNP nomination, but I'm holding on till spring to see if anything happens with FSW applications
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:17 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by spaceace
I've got a PNP nomination, but I'm holding on till spring to see if anything happens with FSW applications
This is what I really object to about CIC - the total lack of accurate information.
People are making their life choices based on this information!

Had we not been given a 6 month quotation of timeline on the London VO website, we would have gone the PNP route.

I should point out that my husband actually telephoned CIO here in Canada and asked what to do and which route he should be applying for in his LMO/TWP situation - should it be FSW Cat 2 or PNP.

The person at CIC told him that FSW Cat 2 was the quickest route at that time and the only benefit to PNP was not needing to renew the LMO but that the PR should be through before then anyway.
As we had all the paperwork ready and packed up to apply for FSW, we just continued with our FSW route ad applied the next week as soon as the bank draft arrived.

So, we took advice directly from CIC and we are still waiting.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:27 pm

This is what I really object to about CIC - the total lack of accurate information.
People are making their life choices based on this information!

Had we not been given a 6 month quotation of timeline on the London VO website, we would have gone the PNP route.

I should point out that my husband actually telephoned CIO here in Canada and asked what to do and which route he should be applying for in his LMO/TWP situation - should it be FSW Cat 2 or PNP.

The person at CIC told him that FSW Cat 2 was the quickest route at that time and the only benefit to PNP was not needing to renew the LMO but that the PR should be through before then anyway.
As we had all the paperwork ready and packed up to apply for FSW, we just continued with our FSW route ad applied the next week as soon as the bank draft arrived.

So, we took advice directly from CIC and we are still waiting.
Never believe anything the first person you speak to at the CIC call centre tells you. Always call back 3/4 times and take the average answer.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Never believe anything the first person you speak to at the CIC call centre tells you. Always call back 3/4 times and take the average answer.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:31 pm
Island life at last

Hindsight is 20/20.

OH had been here a total of 4 days, so he can't be blamed for not knowing.
We did the best we could at the time, as everyone does.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:35 pm

Hindsight is 20/20.

OH had been here a total of 4 days, so he can't be blamed for not knowing.
We did the best we could at the time, as everyone does.
Oh yes I know - I am just saying - for other people - CIC call centre is basically useless.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

surroundsaund is an unknown quantity at this point

To surroundsaund -
Good shout Helcat.

I'll look into it, I may have caught a break with my current employer 'fully in support' of my plan.

If I can wangle it so I can be posted out there through the company then I'll go with that.

Q: If anyone knows, should above be successful, do I simply drop the current PR application?
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:37 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by surroundsaund
Good shout Helcat.

I'll look into it, I may have caught a break with my current employer 'fully in support' of my plan.

If I can wangle it so I can be posted out there through the company then I'll go with that.

Q: If anyone knows, should above be successful, do I simply drop the current PR application?
Get the PNP nomination in and only once that is through successully then drop the FSW.
You can have both in at the same time, I believe and this question has been asked before on here.

Some of the applicants on this forum have concurrent applications in and are just waiting to see which one looks like it will get through first.
Just like one of those rigged horse-racing games at the fair....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.