Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Australia Traffic Report required for canada immigration

Australia Traffic Report required for canada immigration

Old Sep 29th 2010, 7:31 am
moy
Just Joined

moy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia Traffic Report required for canada immigration

Jade77, I sent my NPC from UK on the 1st Sept, so assume they received it 5days later. So on estimation I'm hoping it'll arrive in the next 2weeks... otherwise I'm going to start chewing on my nails!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:36 pm
moy
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moy
Jade77, I sent my NPC from UK on the 1st Sept, so assume they received it 5days later. So on estimation I'm hoping it'll arrive in the next 2weeks... otherwise I'm going to start chewing on my nails!!!!
This is what VIcRoads sent me via email some weeks ago when I was trying to find out how to get a Traffic History report, hope it somehow helps if you still require a Traffic report:-

In reference to your enquiry, there are a few options to request specific information from VicRoads determined on whether you have previously held a Victorian driver licence or not - and the information required for your Canadian application.

1) If you have never held a Victorian driver licence, but have lived in Victoria, to enable VicRoads to confirm the correct procedure to assist with your application for a Victorian traffic history report, you will need to contact our Call Centre on +613 9854 7763 from Canada (8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 2.00pm Saturday) to discuss your enquiry further with a VicRoads consultant. At the time of your call, the VicRoads consultant will need to confirm the timeframe you were residing in Victoria and your full identification including your:
- full name
- date of birth
- address (both residential and postal)

Determined on the details that you require for your Canadian application, there may be a fee applicable for VicRoads to provide this confirmation to you in writing. The minimum fee (if applicable) is $8.10. Please ensure you have access to a Visa or MasterCard should this payment be required (and your application able to be completed over the telephone) to enable the VicRoads consultant to assist you in a timely manner.

Alternatively, your request may need to be lodged in writing to our Correspondence department. This will be confirmed by the VicRoads consultant once your full identification has been confirmed over the telephone.

2) If however you have previously held a Victorian driver licence, to assist with your Canadian working holiday visa, you may apply for this information through a VicRoads licence history search request.

A licence history search can be requested by telephone or post when residing overseas. The information required in order to request a search is your licence number, full name, date of birth and address (as recorded on the VicRoads database). The cost for a standard licence history search post November 1984 is currently $8.10.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

jade77 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks moy!

that's pretty much it, then. they needed sth from me in writing. will be calling them monday if nothing comes in the mail in the next few days. nothing from the afp yet either. my phone bill, i don't even want to think about it

best of luck and keep us posted, will do same.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moy
hey moy! and anyone else interested out there

don't know whether you've visited the AFP website lately - I just did - and surprise surprise - and I really was surprised, don't think this information was there last time I checked - it now states that a fingerprint check takes 30 WORKING DAYS! whaddya say to that?! I may just be able to make my deadline if they finish processing this week, otherwise... I don't even want to think about it!

have you had any news?
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

MrsRoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, yes I sent my police check off 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. I am guessing that the CIC didn't factor working holiday visas into the equation, so I am not pursuing the traffic check. I am submitting everything as soon as I hear back from the AFP, so will keep you posted.

J
Old Oct 21st 2010, 8:11 am
Just Joined

digg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsRoss
Hi, yes I sent my police check off 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. I am guessing that the CIC didn't factor working holiday visas into the equation, so I am not pursuing the traffic check. I am submitting everything as soon as I hear back from the AFP, so will keep you posted.

J
Are you British and did the 417 thing too? I am thinking of applying for my check even though my papers were sent off back in May (still awaiting to be processed by the way).
Old Oct 21st 2010, 1:43 pm
moy
Just Joined

i got my Police check in today!!!!
In total it took 4weeks from the date they received it - so if we're talking working days it took about 21days plus one week for the certificate to be sent to me in UK. I was quite surprised to receive it as I thought it would take another 3weeks (15working days) including postal time!

MrsRoss - It will take about 30working days on average as Jade77 mentioned if you sent fingerprints with your application

Jade77- I received my traffic report last week. I gave them a call 4th Oct, the person I talked to said that my application was not processed! I was absolutely gutted that I waited a month (first call 15th Sept) - the guy I spoke to back in Sept took all my details and my credit card number - the fee of 8.10AUD was debted from my account so I assumed that it was being processed - the process should have taken 12 working days I should jave receive an emial and a letter via post! Well after ALOT of chasing up I got an email that just says since I do not have a Victoria driving licence therefore a search cannot be conducted - received a letter last week which was just a copy of the email - although very formal!!!!

Anyhows! After alot of chasing up of the status of my forms, thank goodness I have everything from Australia now!

Best of luck everyone!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moy
i got my Police check in today!!!!
In total it took 4weeks from the date they received it - so if we're talking working days it took about 21days plus one week for the certificate to be sent to me in UK. I was quite surprised to receive it as I thought it would take another 3weeks (15working days) including postal time!

MrsRoss - It will take about 30working days on average as Jade77 mentioned if you sent fingerprints with your application

Jade77- I received my traffic report last week. I gave them a call 4th Oct, the person I talked to said that my application was not processed! I was absolutely gutted that I waited a month (first call 15th Sept) - the guy I spoke to back in Sept took all my details and my credit card number - the fee of 8.10AUD was debted from my account so I assumed that it was being processed - the process should have taken 12 working days I should jave receive an emial and a letter via post! Well after ALOT of chasing up I got an email that just says since I do not have a Victoria driving licence therefore a search cannot be conducted - received a letter last week which was just a copy of the email - although very formal!!!!

Anyhows! After alot of chasing up of the status of my forms, thank goodness I have everything from Australia now!

Best of luck everyone!
hey moy! hey everyone!

good news here as well got our police certs after a slightly longer wait - what with the mail and all, i think it took them a little over 6 weeks - but - at this point, now that they're here - who's counting however, people in the planning stage should probably plan for a little over 30 working days plus mail.

i can't believe vicroads ended up charging you?! i got a letter in the mail a few days ago which states they have no record of someone with my name and surname and date of birth. i'm thinking you probably received something along those lines, perhaps the wording was slightly different. and they didn't charge me. AUD 8.10 is no big deal, it's just that they don't seem to have a definitive procedure in place, it's like they're doing this on a case by case basis. which is not a good thing.

conclusion: everyone in same boat as moy and i: don't worry about the AFP, worry about getting a driving history report in time if you never did drive in australia. so weird...

best of luck with your application moy! we'll be sending ours along by the end of next week - can't believe this stage is almost over, it's been really stressful at times. hope things start getting gentler on my nerves from here on
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:43 pm
moy
Just Joined

yay!!!! that's great news Jade77

Good luck on your immigration process too
The police check was the last piece of paperwork i needed so i'm ready to send off my forms soon. I was worried that may UK police check would expire as Canada immigration require Police checks no more than 3months old!

Well the AFP is very important, however it's still not clear if the Traffic History is really required for people who stayed in Australia on a temporary visa or did not have a driving licence issued in Australia - someone on here mentioned they didn't worry about the Traffic history. For sure its better to provide cic this information if it's possible.