Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Australia Traffic Report required for canada immigration

Australia Traffic Report required for canada immigration

Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:10 am
moy
Just Joined

moy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia Traffic Report required for canada immigration

Hello,
I hope someone out there has the same situation and can help me.

My question is in reference to Police checks and Traffic report from Australia for Canada immigration.

I went to Australia on a Working holiday visa, some years ago for 11months.
I lived mainly in Melbourne, so in Victoria state.

I already applied for the police checks with my fingerprints. I don't have an Australian driving licence. Would I still need a state traffic report?

I went on the website and it says "You must apply in person at your local police station and provide suitable identification"
How to do I get one?

Bit confused what to do now

Thanks
moy
Old Sep 14th 2010, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all
Default Re: Australia Traffic Report required for canada immigration

Originally Posted by moy
Hello,
I hope someone out there has the same situation and can help me.

My question is in reference to Police checks and Traffic report from Australia for Canada immigration.

I went to Australia on a Working holiday visa, some years ago for 11months.
I lived mainly in Melbourne, so in Victoria state.

I already applied for the police checks with my fingerprints. I don't have an Australian driving licence. Would I still need a state traffic report?

I went on the website and it says "You must apply in person at your local police station and provide suitable identification"
How to do I get one?

Bit confused what to do now

Thanks
moy

Tough one. We are living in WA and asked if we needed a traffic report in addition to the AFP and WA Police checks and got this response:

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please see the following website for information on which Australian police certificate is accepted for the purpose of a permanent residence application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../australia.asp
Yours sincerely,
Client Service Unit (LIB)

We went into a local police station to find out that they had no records for my wife (I have been done by a 'Constable Kodak) because we are driving (legally) on British driving licences. So in the application pack, we just had to say that the WA Police could not provide a record for my wife. We are still waiting to hear from the CHC, so don't know if this is a problem!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:32 pm
moy
Just Joined

Thanks for getting back to me Madhouse.

I contacted Victoria Police Dept. via email to ask about the Traffic Report and they said they never heard of it
not sure i wrote an email to the correct dept. now..anyways...

I don't think I need a Traffic Report now I think of it as i was on a holiday working visa, so i'm on holidays.

Anyhows, I'll call immigration to double check.

All the best on your application Madhouse
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Moy

I think the traffic report only applies if you were resident in WA for 3 months or more?
Me and my wife both spent time in Oz on WHV and didn't submit traffic reports.
I wouldn't imagine it's necessary for you either unless you are putting in an address in WA for the time asked.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

The CHC webpage states that:

IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Please note that all applicants who resided or still reside in: Queensland, Victoria or Western Australia, must also submit a Traffic History printout, which may be obtained by contacting the local State Transport/Traffic branch. An immigration file number, if available, should be endorsed on the certificate.

However, I think Scotty's point about being resident is a valid one. If you are traveling through Australia (albeit for several months......) and don't have a permanent address here, then you could rightly claim to have not been a resident.

Best of luck!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:33 am
Just Joined

japanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant futurejapanada has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moy
Thanks for getting back to me Madhouse.

I contacted Victoria Police Dept. via email to ask about the Traffic Report and they said they never heard of it
not sure i wrote an email to the correct dept. now..anyways...

I don't think I need a Traffic Report now I think of it as i was on a holiday working visa, so i'm on holidays.

Anyhows, I'll call immigration to double check.

All the best on your application Madhouse
The CHC London never asked for my Traffic Report. I worked in Victoria on WH visa and a work visa in '06 and '08 for about 6 months. Just the Police Check sufficed for my application although it was a little expensive having fingerprints taken etc.

I think if you are an applicant applying through the Sydney office you need a Traffic Report. I was worried that they would ask for it when I sent off my documents but the request for additional documents never came in my case.

Good luck with your application.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

jade77 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys

same boat here... was in australia as an international student for three years, husband drove, had vehicles registered in this name, i didn't. husband got driving history report from vicroads, i asked for one but never got it in the mail. just now (half an hour ago) got off the phone with them - bottom line, i have to write a letter explaining i never had a driver's license in victoria, never drove, had no demerits and/or other penalties, need to give address (if you give an email address with full name they will send the statement or whatever to you as a pdf), date of birth, sign etc... and then fax to +613 9854 2308. vicroads says they should process in five working days... i did explain i needed it for canadian residency application, but didn't seem to ring any bells with them, not surprisingly. hope this helps
Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:13 am
moy
Just Joined

Thank you everyone for the advice.

I called VicRoads last night (midnight uk time) and spoke to one person who said nothing can be done as I don't/didn't have a Victoria Driving license . I called again on the "All other enquires" number and explained the same that I'm a Uk resident and need a Traffic History for immigration purposes, but do not have a Australian Driving license - she was really helpful and put me through to the (??) Case dept and the person i spoke to said no problem if I don't have a VIC driving license, he took my name, dob, address and email address - and said it will be proccessed in 2weeks...I hope I'm going to receive something!

Fingerscrossed!!!

Sounds a bit unsettling that there isn't a straightforward way of getting a Trafic History
Old Sep 15th 2010, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moy
Thank you everyone for the advice.

I called VicRoads last night (midnight uk time) and spoke to one person who said nothing can be done as I don't/didn't have a Victoria Driving license . I called again on the "All other enquires" number and explained the same that I'm a Uk resident and need a Traffic History for immigration purposes, but do not have a Australian Driving license - she was really helpful and put me through to the (??) Case dept and the person i spoke to said no problem if I don't have a VIC driving license, he took my name, dob, address and email address - and said it will be proccessed in 2weeks...I hope I'm going to receive something!

Fingerscrossed!!!

Sounds a bit unsettling that there isn't a straightforward way of getting a Trafic History
moy, how is it possible that within the same 24 hours they give out different information on the same issue?! I also talked to someone at all other enquiries, and they said fax us... could you possibly think back and try to remember which case department you talked to? or if you get anything in the mail or by email, let us know which dept. actually processed this? they told me five working days, but fax a statement... i'm not from the uk, but it really shouldn't make much of a difference?

best of luck, pls keep us posted wish they'd made this a little easier, don't understand why you need this if you're already doing a name AND fingerprint check, but not use complaining.... just keep swimming
Old Sep 15th 2010, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

digg is an unknown quantity at this point

I too was there on a 417 Working Holiday 10 years ago for 10 months but as I didn't have an address (or driving licence) and then finding out the process with finger print check was rather complex, I decided not to bother. I hope I don't have any issues. Sent my docs to the CHC back in May. Still not in process.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:35 am
Just Joined

MrsRoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am also having quite a bit or trouble obtaining a traffic history check for Canadian Immigration. There doesn't seem to be a systematic way of doing it - I was travelling around Australia for 12 months and was in all states, but can't seem to find a definitive answer with this one- people just keep cutting and pasting the useless information from the Canadian immigration site! If anyone who is further along with the process has been able to get their visa with just the Oz finger print police check can you let me know?

Thanks,
Jude
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

I just sent the police certificate, didnt need a traffic report to get my PR visa. applied from sydney australia.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 4:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by the big burp
I just sent the police certificate, didnt need a traffic report to get my PR visa. applied from sydney australia.
You may not have needed one, but here is what the requirements are:

IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Please note that all applicants who resided or still reside in: Queensland, Victoria or Western Australia, must also submit a Traffic History printout, which may be obtained by contacting the local State Transport/Traffic branch. An immigration file number, if available, should be endorsed on the certificate.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../australia.asp
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:29 pm
moy
Just Joined

oh well... i've already requested for a traffic report which i assume is still going to arrive. The guy on the phone said he'll email and send it to me and it takes about 12working days to proccess.

Jade77 - I think I was refered to special case - although all i did was to explain to the person i spoke to initially that I am a UK resident and am applying for canadian immigration, the immigration asks for a traffic report for australia as I lived there on a WHV, I explained I needed some form of document such as a traffic history although I don't have a Australian driving licence - she then put me through to someone who took all my details name, dob and address and email address.

I'm still waiting on my Police check hope it arrives soon!

Thanks for the advice all, good luck to all!!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

hi all!

this is getting weirder and weirder by the minute... it's been a week since i faxed vicroads - still waiting, but not biting my cuticles (no nails to speak of any more) too badly at this point, as i do realize i have to allow some time for the mail... i think that if i don't get anything by the end of the week however i will call 'all other cases' like moy did and see what they say.

OH and i are also still waiting for those NPCs from the AFP - we know that we are squeaky clean, but although the AFP said it would take 15 to 21 days to process a name and fingerprint check (why oh why the prints, it's actually not required for every country...), it's been over a month now - i'm judging they received everything around Aug. 25 - I did email them and they replied to tell me we were 'in process' - when i emailed back to ask how long this processing was going to take, they didn't bother to reply (no surprise there, but i had to go ahead and do it anyway). moy, when did you send your docs for the NPC? any word from them yet? we have a little over a month before CIC throw our file away - this is soooo frustrating... but, immigrating sure isn't for the faint hearted, especially since it is self-inflicted

best of luck to everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.